Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How do I add advanced controls to a Zigbee light?

stefstef

Question

Hi

I've just added an Eglo Connect-Z light to my HC3 and it's only working as a dimmer, ie. I have no color controls nor white light temperature. I've read 

Please login or register to see this link.

and it gives no information on how to access parameters of Zigbee devices through the web GUI. I've also looked at 

which seems to cover a comparable device, as well as 

, but I can't see the relation to HC3 in any of these documents. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Stefán

8 answers to this question

Soy igual que tú, y he dejado zigbee en fibaro y poco a poco me voy desilusionando con fibaro, voy a hacer algunas pruebas con home assistant y como lo veo viable bye fibaro, todo cuesta mucho dinero y no lo veo ni mucho menos estable, Diseño inmejorable... Pero sólo eso.

On 12/7/2022 at 1:02 PM, stefstef said:

it's only working as a dimmer, ie. I have no color controls nor white light temperature.

that's right, if the device has bee not yet fully implemented, you will not see them

I've read 

and it gives no information on how to access parameters of Zigbee devices through the web GUI.

the commands to control zigbee are alredy implemented, they not visible nor not implemented from BUI/swagger.

I've also looked at 

which seems to cover a comparable device, as well as 

, but I can't see the relation to HC3 in any of these documents.

so in principle you wish to send color data, ...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

api POST call /api/zigbee/devices/"..ieeeAddr.."/set with some data like 

Please login or register to see this code.

should do the thing.

Here code which i use in my Zigbee HUE control QuickApp (not published)

Please login or register to see this code.

you need to modify it for you use, generally admin user, admin password, HC3 IP and of course the ieeeAddress of the zigbee device

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_12/image.png.29e6dc5cfa72dcf3b9d918d49133c1bc.png" />

In my exmple the QuickApp:setDataXY() will set your lamp to "warm white" (values taken in my case from HUE BT app) and the functionsetDataRGB() will set

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the answer @tinman. It's way above my competence level though. I'll clearly have to do some further reading up on this. I've found this 

for a comparable light, but I can't find how this information relates to HC3 and its zigbee support. Can I use those references in QuickApps, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

On the whole I find Fibaro's documentation very confusing and tutorials are very outdated in terms of interface shots shown and guidelines on how to access functions through the web interface.

Edited by stefstef

@tinman

Thank you Tinman,…
    Your solution kicked me in the right direction and made color control available on the Zigbee device that Fibaro included in the HC3 with only on/off and brightness functions.
    Thanks for your work here on the forum.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Hi,

So I also have a 'kind of' similar question :)

I have 18 IKEA Tradifri zigbee bulbs (dimmable and with white temperature control).

Previously they were connected to Home Assistant via Sonoff bridge with Tasmota, and ZHA integration.

I was able to control brightness, color temperature and power on state (after power failure).

Now... after I connected them to HC3 I can control only brightness... No color temp control.

But I could live with that... problem is that then differ one from another.

6 of them runs nice worm white, while 12 is badly cold...

For some reason they pair differently. I bought them together so it is probably one batch.

On Home Assistant (and Hue bridge and Ikea gate), this was no problem as the temperature can be controlled.

Here on HC3 this is not controllable... So what to do ? I already did unpair and add again, but no luck..

@Staszek.S

Tinman gave you a solution, or at least instructions, how to integrate and add functions that are missing in this BETA implementation of Zigbee.

This was the reason I wrote in this threat... I've seen this, but I'm not so sure how to implement this script. And also I have 18 bulbs - not just one...

From my point of view this is weird that identical bulbs pair differently (with different temp)... Also HC3 recognizes them as multilevel switch - not bulb... Maybe this is the reason of the problems ?

I'd like to test the solution given above, but I would need to know a bit more than I know right now to start...

Thanks @tinmanfor a hint. Unfortunately this is now behind my level of expertise. I would expect Fibaro to add such "basic" features to Zigbee devices. At least I see that it is "doable" and maybe just matter of time.