Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Cannot select a different Home Center to use with Alexa Integration

Ploudo

Question

Hi, 

I have multiple HomeCenters (2x HC3 and one HC2) in 3 different homes. Two of these homes are mine, but are in different geographical locations. 

I've created two seperate amazon accounts, both of which use alexa. The problem I'm facing is that when setting up the Yubii integration on Alexa, I don't have the opportunity to chose which HomeCenter I wish to use. This results in the devices of my main home being all added to my 2nd home (as these devices were previously added to the Alexa over there) and no way at all to ad the new HC3 and al of it's connected devices. 

This is particularly annoying as Fibaro (or Yubii now, idk) give you acces to multiple HomeCenters from home.fibaro.com/... . But I have no way to select any of these devices when setting up alexa with Yubii.

Is there any way to specify WHICH home center to use when connecting Yubii to Alexa with the skill?

Thanks for any help.

1 answer to this question

One potential solution might be to consolidate your Alexa setup under a single Amazon account. This way, all your HomeCenters could potentially be managed through a single Alexa interface, which might simplify the process of adding and controlling devices. Within the Alexa app, you can then create specific routines or groups that are dedicated to each location, ensuring commands and automations are location-specific.

However, if consolidating accounts isn't feasible or doesn't resolve the issue, it might be worth delving deeper into the Yubii and Alexa integration settings. Check if there are advanced settings or options within the Yubii skill on Alexa that might allow you to specify which HomeCenter to connect to. Sometimes, skills may need to be updated or configured in a particular way to handle multiple hubs correctly.