Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Total factory reset of HC3

PedroChacon

Question

Hey guys, how can I hard reset my HC3 to factory? I think that I have all my network very corrupted (system very slow in everything, sensors that do not have the status) and I think that resetting it to factory and including the reset zwave devices would also start working again again, or so I think, it is the last chance What can I give you, I started with home automation so I don't have to worry about many things in my home and I have to be aware that things work correctly, so it is not doing its job, I would also have to delete it from my fibaro id account TRUE? and start from the beginning.

7 answers to this question

@PedroChaconHi, when you press the reset button you will see two check boxes you have to decide:

The first keep your backups.

The second is keep the connection to your Fibaro ID.

I recommend to keep the connection to your Fibaro ID.

In the following setup, I also recommend to choose ZW2 Zwave engine. ZW3 is not recommendet for production.

@PedroChaconYes, you will have to start from scratch after reset.

How many zwave did you have connected?

• Inquirer
  • @FabirDo you know how to factory reset HC3? I am resetting what I have on batteries and I am going for 245 devices, in total I will have about 95

3 hours ago, Fabir said:

Oh whow 95 devices.

Indeed wow. Depending on the type of devices and how they behave, I think a reset gives you a 50/50 percent change of structurally solving your issues. Only en few of your 95 devices could give you the issues. Resetting doesn't have to solve the reason of your issues, the reset only gives you another change of getting a good start. 

• Inquirer
  • @SmartHomeEddyCreo que empecé mal, añadiendo dispositivos mal, como buen español leí las instrucciones cuando ya lo hice mal !!! jajaja ahora que he adquirido algo de sabiduría con fíbaro creo que voy a hacer las cosas mucho mejor. Espero que el sistema empiece a funcionar como se merece.