Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

The system recovered from an unexpected error 😤

Sjekke

Question

I regularly get this error and I always have to get my HC3 off the electricity to restart.

• How can I see what this error causes?
  • Can the device not restart itself?
  • What if I'm on vacation?

Until today, my HC2 turned out to be much more reliable than my HC3.

Every help is appreciated.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

10 answers to this question

On 2/1/2023 at 8:01 PM, m.roszak said:

We are now investing new promising lead, as soon we will have an ultimate fix I will let you know.

They have fixed an issue with their OS a while ago and my HC3, now running 5.132.9, no longer reboots with that error. Unfortunately we have to conclude, based on reports like yours, there is another, possibly separate issue with the OS. Fibaro is investigating this second issue but has not reported back yet.

1 hour ago, Sjekke said:

Can the device not restart itself?

AFAIK all users reported that they did not notice the reboots because the reboots are infrequent (meaning: once every X days) and if it happens when you sleep, you won't notice. This makes me think that all other users have seen an "automatic reboot" - which IMHO is built into the HC3 firmware, there is nothing to configure.

A recovery from such an event can take very long, 20 to 60 minutes. Did you wait that long?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 15 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

They have fixed an issue with their OS a while ago and my HC3, now running 5.132.9, no longer reboots with that error. Unfortunately we have to conclude, based on reports like yours, there is another, possibly separate issue with the OS. Fibaro is investigating this second issue but has not reported back yet.

This occurred on 5.131.57 (but I had it even before that). In the meanwhile I moved to 5.132.9

41 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

AFAIK all users reported that they did not notice the reboots because the reboots are infrequent (meaning: once every X days) and if it happens when you sleep, you won't notice. This makes me think that all other users have seen an "automatic reboot" - which IMHO is built into the HC3 firmware, there is nothing to configure

The previous times I had this error (older firmware) the HC3 restarted automatically.

43 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

A recovery from such an event can take very long, 20 to 60 minutes. Did you wait that long?

I did.

I hope the new 5.132.9 resolves this problem.

• Like 1

i also have this. Mostly between 00:00 and 03:00. it recovered itself but my scenes that are automatically doesn't start the are infect enabled. In the api scene there is also nothing to see if it is still running only when it "started".

The isRunning and enabled are the same thing. woud be nicer if isRunning means if the scene is running in a setTimeOut. So you know is the scene is "enabled" and if the scene isRunning tru timer or active in eq. "while true" or while run=1 etc....

i notice when there is a error in the scene the isRunning is false then.

Please install 5.132.9 and tell us if problem is still there

I have 2 HC3's on firmware 5.130.64. One has the problem and one not. I update to 5.132.9 and see if it fixes the problem on the error giving HC3.

I have the same problem since 5.110 2 hc3 in master-slave. sometimes the master not rebooting, just feeze, sometime the slave. very frustrating, thinking to leave fibaro with all of my systems...