Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 heating, bugs and relay problem

daviddomsodi

Question

Hello.

1: I have some trouble with fibaro hc3 heating. 
Well we used double switch to create the heating. it works fine for sometime than the switch goes "dead". After realizing it, we wake up the switch and the heating works fine for some hours again. We don't think it would be a z-wave interface problem, because the next room is where the hc3 is working and there is two other rooms right next to this where 3 other relays working fine. Please give me any advice what can cause this ...

2: Well the climate program seems not to stay "focused" to the intervallums. Because of the problem above, we can not decide if it is another problem accused by the hc3 ( because before we updated the firmware to 5.130.64, it had the same problem with the intervallums). Has anybody these kind of strange working with the new firmware? 

6 answers to this question

@daviddomsodiHi which zwave engine do you use on the hc3? To me, your descreption sounds like you are useing ZW3 engine.

Can you explain what is a 'intervallums'?

Is this an unterfloor heating?

Which sensor or thermostat are you useing?

• Inquirer
  • Zwave v4.33
    thermostat: heatit z-temp2, water heating, but not unterfloor
    intervallums: I mean the climate week program, time interval 

@daviddomsodiThat isn't the zwave engine.

The zwave engines looks like below. First the ZW3 engine, no zwave mesh network reconfiguration.

The second pic below the ZW2 engine, the zwave mesh network can be reconfigured.

I've had the same issues with ZW3, as you have now. Quite close located zwave devices have lost the connection to the homecenter. And some other strange behaviors

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Fabir

• Inquirer
  • Oh. I see. I have ZW2. 
    How you fixed the problem with ZW3?
    Really frustratig. Hope it solves the problem... One day it is ok, next it has no communication again. 

@daviddomsodiIn my case, I had to start from scratch again with ZW2. Now all the zwave range isuses are gone, without moving any device.

Things you can try:

Exclude / Include the relay module

Move your hc3 closer to the to the heating switch

Reconfigure your zwave network

Run the zwave route scene to find out about the connections in your zwave network

Please login or register to see this link.

There is a new release that came out 5.140. I've tryed it on a hc3l. It had several crashes already, but it is to early to tell.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your help. I could finally solve the problem with resetting the relay and add again to hc3...

But with climate schedule I have the same issue. As the relay works fine I can clearly see that the issue is caused by the virtual device Thermostat& Heating zone (plugin used for manual mode). We use the heating in scheduke mode, every temperature change has the same strange thing. 

For example: From 4-6 pm we ask for 18 celsius, than 6-7pm we ask for 21 celsius, from 7pm again 18celsius. Now at 6pm every time the schedule mode sets the 21 celsius but immidiately after the manuak mode turns on (without manually set it) and gives again the 21 pm but with the plugin's parameter it stays for 4hours. So instead of 7pm 18 celsius the system stays on 21 for 3 more hours... 

Any idea? :)