Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Still hoping one day GPS will work

Neo Andersson

Question

I am struggling with Geofencing years, without any success.

At this moment i have this strange behaviour, that when i cross the geofencing line, my phone actually shows (see the pic), that YUBII is using geofencing, however, the scene that is conditioned by location, triggers only when i am at home. Never at geofencing locations, only when i arrive home.

Maybe some developer can give me some hint.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

In my case (Iphone 13 mini & HC3) it is the only Fibaro functionality that never failed. One minute after leaving home the scene starts and one minute before arriving the same...

• Inquirer
  • 10 hours ago, Rhoditis said:

In my case (Iphone 13 mini & HC3) it is the only Fibaro functionality that never failed. One minute after leaving home the scene starts and one minute before arriving the same...

Yes, on Iphones it works better. I heard that from my customers. I have android.

I can comfirm that in iPhones/iPads it works but in Android (Samsung Galaxy) it doesn't work at all :(

A workaround is to use Google Home for your Geofencing. Create a QA with on/off button (binary switch) that enables home/away profiles on your HC3 (or your own routine). In Google Home setup the HC3 and the QA device to flip when leaving/arriving. I hear from Android users this works stable.

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, Joep said:

A workaround is to use Google Home for your Geofencing. Create a QA with on/off button (binary switch) that enables home/away profiles on your HC3 (or your own routine). In Google Home setup the HC3 and the QA device to flip when leaving/arriving. I hear from Android users this works stable.

Yes, this works sometimes. Not always. And this also tend to trigger the actions only when i am at home like 3-4 minutes