Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Newbie Fibaro Z-Wave Engine 3.0 or 2.0?

kalypso44

Question

I begin...

When I turned on the HC3 the box offers me the Z-Wave Engine 3.0 or 2.0?

I have no knowledge, but by default I took 3.0 because the most recent version. Only did I make the right choice?

I have browsed the forum, and many prefer 2.0, and there is no way to switch between the two protocols. It is necessary to go through a factory reset, and start from scratch.

As I am starting out, and I only have two Walli Roller Shutter FGWREU-111. it's not too bad for me to start from scratch. I can't use the dsk key? Is this the cause of the Z-Wave Engine 3.0?

But you HC3 poccésseur, what did you take?

Thanks for your help.

7 answers to this question

I would go for 2.0 Engine. Have tried the 3.0, and it had some wierd things going on. 

As a newbie, i would 100% choose 2.0 engine

• Like 1

@kalypso44@KuczaI can confirm what Kucza had experienced. Fibaro support also told me, ZW3 engine shouldn't be used for production.

At this moment go for the engine 2. Definitely the engine 3 will have his advantages at some point in the future, but not now..

It is in BETA version still i think..

3 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

It is in BETA version still i think..

It will never become Alpha… 😝

if, in the future, V3 will be the better choice, how's the migration path from V2 to V3? If I remember right, you have to start all over again?

I'm on v3, i dont have that much devices connected, so i am not sure if i can say "i have no problems". But i have not noticed any difference.

Also, not so sure how i ended up with v3 :P

I cant recall the moment that i pressed "yes, upgrade to v3" when i updated my hc3. I'ts still a little mystery how that happend.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your opinions, suddenly I reset and switched to Z-Wave Engine 2.0

I notice in relation to the engine, that the Z-Wave Engine 3.0 asks when integrating a z-wave reentry device for the first 5 digits of the DSK code, and not with the Z-Wave Engine 2.0 ?

I still add S0 security when recognizing my hardware.

But how do you know in the HC3 interface that our IoT hardware is well protected and encrypted ?

I have browsed a good part of the interface without ever finding this information ?

Is there a place to find this information ?

Thanks @ you.

10 hours ago, ppeterr said:

I cant recall the moment that i pressed "yes, upgrade to v3" when i updated my hc3. I'ts still a little mystery how that happend.

This message where we have to choose 2.0 or 3.0 occurs when the box is first started, or after a factory reset of it.