Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 + Roller Shutter 3 - Set level not working when blinds are closed for starting position

Robin_Hood753

Question

Hello,

Introduction

I am creating a scene to open my window blinders in the morning to a position where they still block the sun, but light comes into my house. I have 4 blinders in my home with each their own Roller Shutter 3 that is connected to the HC3. All the roller shutters are calibrated with their respective blinders.

Problem

In the morning when I woke up, I noticed the scene had been running, but only 1 out of 4 blinders was in the correct position. When I manually run the scene again, all blinders are going to the correct position. Then I started to investigate further and I noticed the following:

Only 1 out of 4 blinders I can set the position to a specific value directly from closing position, the other 3 I cannot. I also tried setting the level via the HC3 manually by going to "Settings" => "Devices" => "The blinder" => "Preview" => Set the level there. This gave the result that he will show that the blinders will go to 50%, then the blinders will open, but they fully open and then the level changes automatically to 99%.

I checked that all the parameters of the devices are the same, and they are. Which leave me without a clue what to try next.

2 answers to this question

@Robin_Hood753

Check the calibration of the end positions of your own blinds.
Unfortunately, I have often encountered the fact that the installation company does not set the end positions of the blinds if ordinary switches are installed. This is how these companies make their work easier at the expense of the customer. Only after checking the physical end positions of the blinds, start the RS3 calibration.
Note: Without defined end positions, the previous roll of the roller blind can always end at a different point (reserves in the roller blind magazine are unrolled). Then, when the blinds are to be raised, what was unwound from the reserve is first wound on the motor shafts, and then they are wound up and start to be raised/opened.

eM.

• Inquirer
  • @Martin_N

Maybe it is me, but I am also a bit struggling with logics of your answer. Wouldn't it be the other way around if the end positions of my own blinds is incorrect. As 50% would then be more than 50% as the blinds keep unrolling once they are already shut and in the case of opening the blinds should be almost still closed at 50% instead of fully opening?

Further testing

But you gave me good idea's to test some more. I checked to see at what % the blinds went from fully closed to fully open by adding 10% each time and I noticed that at 40% one of the blinds was almost fully opened. Then I used the stopwatch to compare the "time of up movement", but this time was correct.

Just for good sake I forced a new calibration of all the not working ones by changing parameter 150. Changing the blinds to 50% seems to work now via the "Preview" part. Also executing the scene manually now works properly. Sadly I do not know exactly what triggered the issue and how to detect it next time or for other users with the same issue, but luckily it is fixed for now.