Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

The Button does not appear in Yubii

RobertL

Question

Hi

I have a Fibaro Button connected to my HC3 (with latest std software).

But strangely enough, this does not appear in the Yubii app (latest Android)..

It appears in the Web gui and is not hidden. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

11 answers to this question

@RobertLThe Fibaro button is a scene controller. It can only start the scences allocated to each of its 5 funktions. Like press the button 1 time, 2 times, hold down etc.

Like any other scene controller you can't see it on the Yubii App. All of the Fibaro switch modules, also have a scene controller, but you can't see it on the Yubii App either.

How would you perform something like a 3 times click in the Yubi App? This makes no sense. 

When you have a scene allocated to the button, like a 2 times click, you can see this scene in the Yubii App and start the scene from there. This would have the same effect, as if you would have pressed the button 2 times.

Edited by Fabir
  • Like 3

The only thing i can think of is, that on web you are logged in as admin, and in Yubi you are logged in with another account that has no access to the button..check it.

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

The only thing i can think of is, that on web you are logged in as admin, and in Yubi you are logged in with another account that has no access to the button..check it.

I am logged in as Admin in Yubii also, so this one is strange ...   :-)

If its not hidden, not disabled, all the access rights are given, and you are sure you are checking it in the correct room, and the room is not hidden, then its probably a bug, that you need to report to support. (i suppose you tried already log out, kill the Yubii application then login back)

One thing that just came to my mind. Try to clear the app cache in the phone. 

• Inquirer
  • 16 minutes ago, Neo Andersson said:

If its not hidden, not disabled, all the access rights are given, and you are sure you are checking it in the correct room, and the room is not hidden, then its probably a bug, that you need to report to support. (i suppose you tried already log out, kill the Yubii application then login back)

One thing that just came to my mind. Try to clear the app cache in the phone. 

Yes. I have tried all these things, so it must be some kind of bug and I have sent a note to Support :-)

1 hour ago, Fabir said:

@RobertLThe Fibaro button is a scene controller. It can only start the scences allocated to each of its 5 funktions. Like press the button 1 time, 2 times, hold down etc.

Like any other scene controller you can't see it on the Yubii App. All of the Fibaro switch modules, also have a scene controller, but you can't see it on the Yubii App either.

How would you perform something like a 3 times click in the Yubi App? This makes no sense. 

When you have a scene allocated to the button, like a 2 times click, you can see this scene in the Yubii App and start the scene from there. This would have the same effect, as if you would have pressed the button 2 times.

@Fabir absolutely correct.

By the way, on the hub dashboard you cannot activate Fibaro (or any other) remote controllers also. There is even no preview for this type of device. It's just reflecting what has been pressed. 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by cag014

@cag014Thanks. Another question, if the button is configured as a panic button. According to the manual, it should have the ability to start an emergency scene. How do you create such scene and connect it to the panic button?

53 minutes ago, Fabir said:

@cag014Thanks. Another question, if the button is configured as a panic button. According to the manual, it should have the ability to start an emergency scene. How do you create such scene and connect it to the panic button?

Unfortunately, I don't have Fibaro button. As far as I know in general it's just sending triggers with sceneID, however you can set which actions result in sending alarm frames to 4th association group 

I believe by sending alarm frame it will activate alarm scene (which is so called emergency scene)

Please try it and let me know if it works.

Edited by cag014

@cag014No luck so far. I could create an association from the button to a wall plug on group 4. But the association isn't working. Both devices have no security. 

I still don't unterstand how an emergency scene would be excecuted in this case. 

Anyway I will try another time again. Thank you

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @cag014 and @Fabir.

I see now that none of my remotes is visible in Yubii app, so your answer make sense :-)

On 7/21/2023 at 12:54 PM, cag014 said:

@Fabir absolutely correct.

By the way, on the hub dashboard you cannot activate Fibaro (or any other) remote controllers also. There is even no preview for this type of device. It's just reflecting what has been pressed.