Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

It's time to a real update

Neo Andersson

Question

Dear Developers,

When we started installations of FIbaro systems, it was more than evident for us, that there is a huge lack of system functionality and design in many segments. Mostly in YUBII.

It was some years ago when we first met the heating and watering system's rudimentary lookout and functionality, but we did stick with Fibaro, hoping that a young company, full of possibilities will become sooner or later a competitive system in the market. 

After today's release, i decided to make some comments, and raise some questions to developers, maybe they can give us some cleaner view into the future.

I don't want to talk about hardware problems, like engine3 still in beta, system crashes, unusable zigbee devices, location control unusable, and so on..

Just some question to the existing system.

I had more than 40 installations last two years, but not a single customer could accept the current state of heating and watering system. Not a single one. None of them agreed on, using PC for schedule setups. All of them asked us, why on earth can't they change or update their heating or watering schedules from YUBII.

In fact we would lost the majority of our users, if we did not manage to create some quickapps that are used to control heating schedules and watering schedules from mobile phones. Even with these quickapps, all these schedulers look like an excel sheet, with buttons and labels.

We are limited to  UI elements that are really far far away from a modern, intuitive, well designed plugin interfaces.

Today we got a dropdown element (after 10 years), and i can only thank to developers even for this, but i am asking them, with this design of a thermostat below

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_10/image.png.7f92e6992a677bb08565662a4676176d.png" />

how can i convince a customer to order Fibaro system? Dropdowns and buttons ??  Almost unusable with one hand, using fingertips.

A wifi thermostat from IKEA has a nicer big carousel, easily pressable big buttons, has its own applications with schedulers in it, and accessible in mobiles, adjustable hysteresis in mobiles, and so on.

A user friendly design look somtehing like this

image.png.c5c2fbf1ffa30de677f9552ba42cd3db.png

If we can only use Climate Zones, that has way better design and easier to use in mobiles, but we can't use them, as there is no way to control schedules from mobiles. People don't want to be bothered to open the PC, start the browser, login, find  the schedule, adjust it, etc...at least the big part of them don't want it. I am not talking about people like me, or forum members. I am talking about a regular customer

who wants a remotely conrollable, smart system.

They are buying remotely controllable  systems, and we are offering remotely controlled system to them, but they never get in real..They have to sit to a PC even for the basics.

The two biggest parts that are everywhere asked are the Heating and Watering..

Please, don't get me wrong, i will stick to Fibaro still, and i know, there are some benefits, using Fibaro, but maybe i can get some opinion, or a wider view of the future, about future plans, design and functionality changes, etc

Are you even aware of these disadvantages of the YUBII app usage?

Can we await some realy competitive changes?

Thanks a lot for any information

• Like 6

13 answers to this question

Quick response below:

1. Climate zones now can be configured from the app (1.20)

2. A new way of controlling thermostats is underway ;)

3. Fix for HC3 crash is tested already in the field in a large number of systems and awaits release for the whole population of the gateways
4. Z-Wave 3.0 is almost ready to stop being a beta
5. For every version there are a lot of new features for Zigbee (ex. last 5.142 beta)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Quick response below:

1. Climate zones now can be configured from the app (1.20)

2. A new way of controlling thermostats is underway ;)

3. Fix for HC3 crash is tested already in the field in a large number of systems and awaits release for the whole population of the gateways
    4. Z-Wave 3.0 is almost ready to stop being a beta
    5. For every version there are a lot of new features for Zigbee (ex. last 5.142 beta)

Climatezones from the APP??? What do you mean by this? Adjusting schedules from YUBII??? Did I miss something?

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Exactly, check it out :)

Michal, i have found it. My appologies, but can you please tell me, when was this released, where was this documented, just to be sure, that in the future i will not miss such an important update?

• Inquirer
  • Guys, if its onlye me, or others missed this release too, i dont know. Anyway, if some of you missed it like me, it is there..And it is very nicely done.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Neo Andersson
    • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Yesterday, so quite new :)

Michal, can you please ask developers, wgy isnt any zone thermostat accessible in Google home?

BAck in time, when we used zones, they were accessable from Google home, Now they are not.

image.png.8816844a60aaedc7552d50a8a38eea0c.png

Edited by Neo Andersson

Are you using the right command?

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, m.roszak said:

Are you using the right command?

I havent tried with voice commands so far, just noticed that the zone is offline, so i didnt try it., i think it wont work, as it is offline. When i will be back at home i will check by voice commands.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • @m.roszak Michal. Climate scheduler is not accessible when not logged in as admin user, or not on local wifi network. Ehhh,,,still can't use it.

Before you ask, all users was given all access rights to all devices, all climate zones, but only admin can access the scheduler in YUBII

Yes, that is the current limitation of this feature. It actually like this for every other one in the system.
    It is related to how the access control and credential currently works, normal users see the climate zones and can control them - unfortunately, it is impossible to edit it from the normal user.

We are in the process of planning changes in this area to make the system more flexible - but this is not a small change and it will take time. 

• Inquirer
  • @m.roszak Michal hello, one last question to future features. Can we await any improvements for quickapps? Will you give us more free hand to use more html elemens, or give us some better graphical interface elements to use?

We are now limited to buttons labels (and now there is the new dropdown)

To let us create more user friendly plugins for YUBII usage.

Is there any in your plans about this?

Thanks

• Like 2

As a spoiler, those will definitely look different - very different, in the future (actually quite fast but this is subjective) ;)
    As for htmls - that part is tricky, probably not the direction we are going right now.

• Like 3