Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Empty batterie in new FGMS-001

Gerhard56

Question

Hi all,

I boubght a new FGMS-001 and put out the battery protection. I was not able to connect to Home Assistant, cause the z-Wave adapter was missing, my fault.

I restored the FGMS-001, but with battery on, in his box (so it was in the dark.

Today I get my z-Wave stick, installed the stick, installed the software and found my FGMS-001 dark and not responding. Home Assistant can't find the sonsor, too.

I checked the battery ==> 1.5V, so this battery is dead after 10 days or so.

Did I need new batteries every 10 days (or less) ?

If yes, this sensor is useless.

With best regards

Gerhard

5 answers to this question

@Gerhard56 Hello and welcome to the community.

Maybe you've got an old battery. Try to replace it with the reseller.

I using this sensors for many years. In a standard configuration, the battery of the motion sensor, lasts a least one year.

• Inquirer
  • @Fabir, I will get new batteries tomorrow, so we will see ...

Maybe there is a software bug:

I tried the pairing knob and after failing, I restored the sensor in the box. If there is no timeout than the sensor tried pairing for days, maybe this drains the battery. Hope that someone from Fibaro get also into this problem.

With best regards

Gerhard

• Inquirer
  • .. battery is a Panasonic, marked 03 / 2032 (no typo!) so it is defenitly not the age of the battery.

With best regards

Gerhard

@Gerhard56  First you start the include process on the zwave hub. The include process on the motion sensor is activated by pressing the B button tree times. This process, if not successfull, will timeout and not repeate automatically.

• Inquirer
  • @Fabir

I don't use a zwave hub. I use Home Assistant Yellow with an Aeotec Z-Stick 7.

Before I get the stick I accidently tryed to pair the sensor with my Home Assistant Yellow.

After that, I put the sensor back into it's box, but with battery enabled, and took it out ~ 10 days later. ==> Battery is drained, shows 1.5V (using an Agilent 34465A DMM to get this value).

Battery is a Panasonic (not no name) marked 03 / 2032 (no typo!!).

==> something went wrong.

May be we think, that there is a timeout, but may be the timeout is missing?

May be there is another explaination. As I put it back in the box, no led went on but may be the leds went on later (which also could drain the battery).

I hope that someone from Fibaro takes a closer look at this.

With best regards

Gerhard