Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Open window detection

Neo Andersson

Question

Hello guys, Michael

@m.roszak

Anyone has closer informationi about how open window detection actually worka in Fibaro radiator heads?

I know that it is triggered by a steap temperature drop, but i don't know how long does it last?

Until the temperature raises back to where it was before detection?

How is the status set back to non-detected status?

What is the entire logic behind this functionality

Customer wants me to constantly hold radiators in OFF mode while window is opened, and set it back to HEAT mode when window is closed, but i think it can not be done only by using the inbuilt openwindow detection, as it after some period switches back to non-opened state.

8 answers to this question

It works for 15 minutes and resumes operation after that :)

I m planning to have critical PUSH notification to our member families if window is opened more than 15 min during winter period when heating mode in FIBARO is ON. And my Fibaro installer promised me to make lua scenes, that if window is opened, my fibaro heads will go OFF and be ON again when window is closed. 

Similar approach I want to use also when we are leaving our house and we have left some opened windows. 

• Inquirer
  • Guys, using a window sensor for this purpose is clear to me. It is very simple. I wanted to know, how is the windopOpen property handled in general in device properties.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Martin Fibaro said:

I m planning to have critical PUSH notification to our member families if window is opened more than 15 min during winter period when heating mode in FIBARO is ON. And my Fibaro installer promised me to make lua scenes, that if window is opened, my fibaro heads will go OFF and be ON again when window is closed. 

Similar approach I want to use also when we are leaving our house and we have left some opened windows. 

Maybe you can use or adapt this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jwi
    • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jwi said:

Maybe you can use or adapt this: thanks a lot

Please login or register to see this attachment.

thanks a lot...I can forward it to my FIBARO installer.....I m fully laik in LUA and QA...🥲...I m only demanding user😀

8 minutes ago, Martin Fibaro said:

thanks a lot...I can forward it to my FIBARO installer.....I m fully laik in LUA and QA...🥲...I m only demanding user😀

Download the HC3 version from my last post. What you have downloaded is the HC2 version.