Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Align 4 lebel's text

Neo Andersson

Question

Hello guys

I can not figure out, why can't I align the text inside 4 labels..

Altough they have different 5 strings inside but i am using a function to make them the same lenght so that content of all labels should get aligned the same way

However, it doesn't work as you can see

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2024_04/image.png.7426c3286310fdad9d1972b0080e47c0.png" />

i am using this function to make every single word the same lenght so they take up the same space

Please login or register to see this code.

Anyone any assist please? 

17 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 9 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Is it an option to use only one label? 

Yeah i have tried with one label, but its even harder without html. I need to split it into 4 rows, and every row has 5 values, so they need to look llike a table. Columns aligned etc..

I can do it using html table, but i want to avoid it. I am looking for a solution wihtout using html, creating a kinda fake table using only \n, or &nbsp 

The standard font is not fixed width. You need to wrap it in a <font ..>...</font> with a fixed with font.

Alternatively, wrap it it <tt>...</tt> that always use a fixed font.

• Inquirer
  • Posted (edited)
    1 minute ago, jgab said:

The standard font is not fixed width. You need to wrap it in a <font ..>...</font> with a fixed with font.

Alternatively, wrap it it <tt>...</tt> that always use a fixed font.

Yeah this is with html, and i am trying to get the result without it byt i think it is impossible

Edited by Neo Andersson

1 minute ago, Neo Andersson said:

Yeah this is with html, and i am trying to get the result without it byt i think it is impossible

Yes, because the standard font is not fixed width

• Inquirer
  • Posted (edited)
    5 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

And are buttons an option? Or are those a bit too much like a table? 

I am trying to replace HTML in this QA, so only buttons would kill the thing

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2024_04/image.png.ed4c5201fce9f49397de000c782dd616.png" />

kinda tricky, and looks that is impossible.. HTML sucks in new native APP..plugin many times closing randomly, or cant event open if ther eis too much to render

Edited by Neo Andersson

I have the same problem with "formatting" a text in QA interface to look like a table in HC3. The <tt> tag works, but it's not enough - the content is centred and it ruins my beautifully formatted table. Is it possible to do something to align label text to the left?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Łukasz997

If you can use html wrap it in a section/tt

Ex.

• Like 1

26 minut temu, jgab napisał:

If you can use html wrap it in a section/tt

Ex.

The wrap was added to variable holding the text (and </br> at the end of the line). Unfortunately, it seems not working. It leads to the different results, depending from where the interface is called - hitting the "eye" icon, edit&preview or mobile app. At the console it looks OK.

23 godziny temu, Neo Andersson napisał:

Anyone any assist please? 

I would like to turn you attention on this: #text not always return length of the text like chars count. It rather return bytes count. Some characters can be 2-bytes (as national characters).
    This works better:

local function StringAlign(strn, len) local l=0 for _ in string.gmatch(strn, utf8.charpattern) do l=l+1 end return strn..string.rep("&nbsp", len-l) end

Edited by Łukasz997

• Inquirer
  • 36 minutes ago, Łukasz997 said:

I would like to turn you attention on this: #text not always return length of the text like chars count. It rather return bytes count. Some characters can be 2-bytes (as national characters).
    This works better:

local function StringAlign(strn, len) local l=0 for _ in string.gmatch(strn, utf8.charpattern) do l=l+1 end return strn..string.rep("&nbsp", len-l) end

Thanks i realized that #is not the proper way..I will stick to HTML approach

I've tried some html on QA interface. On example:

local str1 = "<section style=\"text-align: left;\"> <code>this is my monospaced, leftcentered text<br>and this too...</code> </section>"
    self:updateView("label_ID_0", "text", str1)

produces mono-spaced, centred, smaller than normal, PINK (!) text.

and:

<section style="text-align: left;"> <code style="color: yellow; display: block;">this is my monospaced, leftcentered text<br>and this too...</code> </section>

produces exactly the same PINK text.
    <tt> and <code> works, rest is a surprise. To be quiet a truthful, I'm not familiar with HTML, maybe it's normal. Is there any description what can be done in HTML in QA interface?

Edited by Łukasz997

12 godzin temu, Łukasz997 napisał:

Is there any description what can be done in HTML in QA interface?

Neo, maybe I ask another way: if you build your table using html, can you share it here?

• Inquirer
  • 6 hours ago, Łukasz997 said:

Neo, maybe I ask another way: if you build your table using html, can you share it here?

It is nothing speacial..just using  text = <b> <font color = red> somtexthere  </font></b> will print a bold text in red , and building a table is as simple as other html <table> <row> <td>    </td></row></table>

Please login or register to see this link.

• Thanks 1

1 godzinę temu, Neo Andersson napisał:

It is nothing speacial..just using  text = <b> <font color = red> somtexthere  </font></b> will print a bold text in red , and building a table is as simple as other html <table> <row> <td>    </td></row></table>

Please login or register to see this link.

I've tried - table works in this small 50-chars wide area we have at our disposal, thank you very much. But I can't align cells left, content remain centered what I don't want...

• Inquirer
  • 5 minutes ago, Łukasz997 said:

I've tried - table works in this small 50-chars wide area we have at our disposal, thank you very much. But I can't align cells left, content remain centered what I don't want...

<table width= 400px border = 1px>
    <td align =left>

• Thanks 1