Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'diy'.
Hi There I want to discuss a bout the new way of scene creation. This is DIY. It comes from " Do It Yourself". By this, smarthome user can introduce a scene with out any knowledge of computer. It would implement by 3 steps: 1- change the house appliances as the way you want ( like turn on the dimmer and fan, close the curtain and ...) 2- just click on save condition (save all the statuses of appliances) 3- Run the scene ( home will change as the save conditions like the statuses step 2) However Fibaro has 3 kinds of adding scene, but DIY can be perform as the newest and easiest way of smarthome learning, So, I want to make a scene to create panel for DIY in VirtualDevice like below: code of SAVE Button: local mystat = fibaro:getValue(135, "Value") fibaro:debug(mystat) fibaro:debug(tonumber(mystat)) code of RUN Button: if (tonumber(mystat) == tonumber("0")) then fibaro:debug("off"); fibaro:call(135, "turnOff") else fibaro:debug("on"); fibaro:call(135, "turnOn") end fibaro:debug(mystat) But, it just save and does not work (RUN). Would you please help me in this way ? How to save statuses and the run them again ? ADMIN NOTE: Please, read carefully descriptions of forum before posting.
Hi! I would like to show a little DIY project I did lately to enhance the Z-Wave receiving possibilities of the power meter device from Aeon Labs (DSB28-ZWEU E2). The device is located in the electrical distribution box which is made of steel. I put a repeater in it and it worked for months flawlessly, but since 2 weeks it is no more integrated in the Z-Wave network (deleting and reincusion, manually mesh rebuild didn't work). (Be careful, this device is working with 230 Volts, I am an electrical engineer and know what I am doing. Only let professionals do this work!) So I opened the device and remove the internal antenna and mount an external into it: Dismantled device with the internal antenna To make an external antenna a GND pin is needed for the shield of the Koax cable. The cable is taken from an old external WiFi antenna. I isolated the shield with a 'shrinking tube' to build the antenna it is important to remove the outer shield weave exactly about 86 mm (which is lamda/4 of 868MHz) My first thought was to drill a hole in the steelbox to get the antenna outside of the box. But I don't like the idea, because the Box is located at my porch at the main entrance of my house -so everyone would see the ugly antenna... So I shove the 80 cm long antenna into the electro tube which leads the lines into the house. This works since 3 days perfect and I will report in the next few weeks if it is still working. I think this solution will work with every Z-Wave device (also with battery powered ones). Sometimes it could be a matter of a few zentimeters if a device is reaching the Z-Wave network and is working or not.