Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120 IR Extender for Air Conditioners

mclass

Question

There have been repeated requests for HC2 support for this device, bugzilla posts and even a sample sent to Fibaro (thanks Johnny C in NZ).

Yes, you can use other IR devices (eg iTach) to learn and transmit IR codes, but the Remotec is pre-programmed with many popular A/C units and is battery powered. Simply installed with no wiring! Have been using these with Vera to great success for a year or so now.

+1 if you want HC2 support now!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

Guest FredrikKarlsson
9 hours ago, Kleiv said:

Did you find the proper code?

I'm a bit puzzled when it comes to how this works. If I assign the ZXT to a room, will the Heating panel automatically use it to adjust the temperatur according to the schedule?

Yea. If you have a hearing schedule set up for the room. But, for me the zxt presents a special case concerning thermostats. Other heating solutions, you may not want to turn off when not required for heating for instance. An AC/heater you may need to. If it's cold outside but warm enough inside, you don't want the vent open, for instance. So, I manage my AC/heater as a special case, not through the panel.

14 hours ago, Kleiv said:

Did you find the proper code?

I'm a bit puzzled when it comes to how this works. If I assign the ZXT to a room, will the Heating panel automatically use it to adjust the temperatur according to the schedule?

I ended up programming the ZXT manually to be able to set the fan speed and angle

Hi guys,

I have a Remotec 1.5 and a 1.6H device and both are added to HC2. Both of them are USB powered and in ALWAYS listening mode. The problem is that when HC2 polls the device and if the room temp is like 25 and the previously set temp is 22 it changes the state of the AC to cooling or auto changeover and if i decide to change the temp to lets say 23 in order to heatup the room it sents commands to the AC for 23 but changes its state to cooling and the AC starts to blow cool air......... The solution is to change the state each time i want to change the temp in order to overcome this bug and it woks but does not make sence... why it changes the state byitself in the first place? Any ideas? What is your expirience with the device?

Just a direction to look into.

I believe for air conditioners, a single IR command sends a string of parameters across, not just the temperature. If you look up the user manual on the section about learning IR command, I think it mentions this. Otherwise, there are posts in this forum and other home automation forums that have shared some knowledge about IR control of appliances.

Guest FredrikKarlsson
On 2016-12-29 at 11:13 PM, Mo19 said:

Hi guys,

I have a Remotec 1.5 and a 1.6H device and both are added to HC2. Both of them are USB powered and in ALWAYS listening mode. The problem is that when HC2 polls the device and if the room temp is like 25 and the previously set temp is 22 it changes the state of the AC to cooling or auto changeover and if i decide to change the temp to lets say 23 in order to heatup the room it sents commands to the AC for 23 but changes its state to cooling and the AC starts to blow cool air......... The solution is to change the state each time i want to change the temp in order to overcome this bug and it woks but does not make sence... why it changes the state byitself in the first place? Any ideas? What is your expirience with the device?

Well, that is basically how a thermostat with heating and cooling ability should behave, it you set a desired temperature. Not usually what you want I guess though. I guess you could disable settings available to the or blaster in the advanced settings. If "Cool X" codes are made not available, then I would think the removed would never try to cool. 

Another option, and this is the option I chose myself, is to have a plugin on/off switch cut the power to the ac, and enable power only then it is not warm outside, and when I am not using the fire stove to heat the house. Works better, I think.

I am sure that the remotec is sending it commands anyway, but the receiver just does not care :-)

Yes, you are right about the Remotec that this is how a thermostat should work and the good news is that after a polling from the home center it changes the temp and the mode from heating to autochangeover or cooling but it does NOT send the cooling command to the AC unit. The not very good thing is that the user have to change the mode each time he wants to change the desired temp and sometimes if he does not see that the mode is changed he will just change the temp from 24 to 22 for intance and the AC will start to blow cool air instead of hot one at 22 degrees. That is what i do not like about this device and i am not able to change this behaviour...... When tested with Zipato this device acted the same but the difference is that it does sends the command to the AC when polled and that makes the AC go crazy......

Hello guys, 

Can anybody check , what is the minimal temperature that it is possible to set using (setpoint temperature parameter)  in Remotec ZXT 120 with HC2 ? My fancoil is holding minimum 16 degrees when i'm using my original IR remote controller, but i need to hold 8C on winter time in the garage.So i think that it is good idea to use ZXT 120 cause it have own temperature sensor and it is possible to turn ON/OFF the fancoil. 

code "322" (v1.8) for MHI SRK 20 ZS-S + SRC 20 ZS-S set

fibaro HC2 FW 4.134, only thing i had to do was to "soft recconfig" the device, quite easy ^^

On 2016. 01. 28. at 8:12 PM, svedbox said:

ZXT-120 has its own temperature sensor, but he always shows only same value, and it is does not change. ZXT-120 never sends the current temperature by changing it only if you press the button on the sensor, only at the time, data is transmitted. Each time pressing the button on the ZXT-120 that would see the real temperature is not very convenient.

As can be forced to poll the temperature sensor? 

Which command? 

Or how to set the polling interval of the sensor to continuously see the current temperature?

I'm facing the same problem, did you find any solution for this?

Thanks

On 23.8.2017 at 6:13 PM, kalmanv said:

I'm facing the same problem, did you find any solution for this?

Thanks

IF you're using permanent power connection (i did connect my to a usb power cord) then check the manual about FLIRS and Always Listen Mode

Please login or register to see this link.

"

ZXT-120 can be configured as either "Frequently Listening Routing Slaves" FLiRS (ifyou are using battery) or "Always Listening" (if you are using 5Vdc adaptor) beforeinclusion process

"

it's really important, since you only can change the mode when not included.

i had the same issue and needed to exclude the device, then change the mode and lastly include again...since then it works fine

Edited by snoopy78