Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120 IR Extender for Air Conditioners

mclass

Question

There have been repeated requests for HC2 support for this device, bugzilla posts and even a sample sent to Fibaro (thanks Johnny C in NZ).

Yes, you can use other IR devices (eg iTach) to learn and transmit IR codes, but the Remotec is pre-programmed with many popular A/C units and is battery powered. Simply installed with no wiring! Have been using these with Vera to great success for a year or so now.

+1 if you want HC2 support now!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

I have a 1x2 Daikin split system with Emura indoor units in my small house located in Spain. As I understand no one can say for sure if the ZXT-120 codes set will handle those units. So in the mean time I installed a 3kw relay switch downstream the A/C breaker. I set the unit to 22 celsius degrees from the Daikin remote and switch them off from my controller. I will go back home in winter so I will be able to run the units 3 or 4 days in advance to find the house confortable.

Hi All,

Can you please advice is the HC2 support The ZXT-120.

I'm not sure i understand from all the related post.

Thx

Doron

pepe6859, please note that cutting off the power form AC will damage it at some point, there are cooling system running for some time after you turn it off from remote.

I'm also very interested in remotec.

OK, here's an update for you regarding newer Daikin models.

I've started decoding the Daikin protocol used by these units (Remote ver ARC466A1) with some important help from Chris who works with AnalysIR and so far I have made significant progress! The process is a bit time consuming but a very fun puzzle to solve

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

With a few more hours of work I should be able to generate proper codes "from scratch" which makes the home automation process a lot more dynamic. When the protocol is decoded the next step is to encode codes and get the modulation correct to make the transmissions reliable. I've had some success here but this part needs to be improved.

pepe6859, please note that cutting off the power form AC will damage it at some point, there are cooling system running for some time after you turn it off from remote.

I'm also very interested in remotec.

Thanks for the advise. Yes, they give some time to let the gas equalisation to be done before cutting fans power. Im just waiting for some Remotec improvement. This winter (maybe next week) I will be back home, so I will turn my AC (heat pump) on from here 3 days in advance. I hope it works.

Regards,

Guest Ferris42

If it helps anyone, I have my Daikin A/C now correctly controlled by using a Global Cache iTach IP2IR device.

The issue with Daikin seems to be the length of the IR codes sent from the remote.

Using the telnet interface of the iTach I was able to correctly learn the codes, and it works fine with 3.590

Full explanation in my other posts.

Cheers,

Ferris

If it helps anyone, I have my Daikin A/C now correctly controlled by using a Global Cache iTach IP2IR device.

The issue with Daikin seems to be the length of the IR codes sent from the remote.

Using the telnet interface of the iTach I was able to correctly learn the codes, and it works fine with 3.590

Cheers,

Ferris

Thank you, I went to your posts and looks like this option requires lots of programming knowledge. I can copy and paste and develop some logic, but programming, not at all.

I don`t even know what telnet meant.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

Guest Ferris42

Cheers,

Ferris

Thank you, I went to your posts and looks like this option requires lots of programming knowledge. I can copy and paste and develop some logic, but programming, not at all.

Hi Pepe,

No programming knowledge, just basic network stuff.

However if you dont know what telnet is, then you will need to find some assistance.

I am unfortunately not in a position to be able to spend the time leading anyone through it at that level.

Telnet (and putty) dont take long to learn however. The internet is your friend.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Ferris

Cheers,

Ferris

Hi Pepe,

No programming knowledge, just basic network stuff.

However if you dont know what telnet is, then you will need to find some assistance.

I am unfortunately not in a position to be able to spend the time leading anyone through it at that level.

Telnet (and putty) dont take long to learn however. The internet is your friend.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Ferris

Thank you for the info Ferris. I will take a look and will see.

Regards

Hello,

I am also trying to configure a Remotec ZX-120 IR extender with the HC2 (Ver. 4.033). When added HC2 shows 4 devices but no parameters to set and when I try to set a parameter it is not stored. When I go to the Diagnostics panel it shows the four devices and has an option to download the device's template which when I selected I downloaded an xml file which I do not know what to do with, how to install it.

I have used this device with the NETIC controler (it's actually Vera ) and it worked perfectly

Any ideas,or progress made to make thiw device work properly with the HC2?

Hi

I have a Daikin RXS35G2V1B heat pump and got it working with ZXT-120. I think I installed it on version 4.031. The ZXT-120 runs on battery. 

It took som time to find the right parameter setting for this heat pump by just trying different numbers. I can now set temperature, mode and fan speed. There are some stuff like swing that I can not control. 

Hi

I have a Daikin RXS35G2V1B heat pump and got it working with ZXT-120. I think I installed it on version 4.031. The ZXT-120 runs on battery. [/size]

It took som time to find the right parameter setting for this heat pump by just trying different numbers. I can now set temperature, mode and fan speed. There are some stuff like swing that I can not control.

I am also getting that far getting these templates but I cannot set the parameters, when I do and save it then looks as it is not saved ....How did you installed the template?

I did not install a template, just set the parameter, saved and recieved parameter back. So it worked as it should.

Does anyone knows what is the appropriate IR Code to use for Daikin air conditioners using remote controller ARC433B47?

I have tried IR Code 1, 6, 11 (based on Remotec IR Code List for Daikin) configured for parameter 27 which results in mismatches in functions.

Example: Speed set to 'High' on HC2 ZXT-120 device results in actual speed lower than medium (3 bars) equivalent on remote control.

Does anyone knows what is the appropriate IR Code to use for Daikin air conditioners using remote controller ARC433B47?

I have tried IR Code 1, 6, 11 (based on Remotec IR Code List for Daikin) configured for parameter 27 which results in mismatches in functions.

Example: Speed set to 'High' on HC2 ZXT-120 device results in actual speed lower than medium (3 bars) equivalent on remote control.

The parameters 27 values for DAIKIN are:

6 11 1 26 313 321 324 367 2 30 32 50 211 290 325 29 162 163 261 264 265 267 31 33 266 268 269 270 366 289

When you set the parameter 27 from your HC2 if the code you wish to set is from 0 to 255 use Data size 1d and if it is 256 and higher use Data size 2d.

Good luck!

The parameters 27 values for DAIKIN are:

6 11 1 26 313 321 324 367 2 30 32 50 211 290 325 29 162 163 261 264 265 267 31 33 266 268 269 270 366 289

When you set the parameter 27 from your HC2 if the code you wish to set is from 0 to 255 use Data size 1d and if it is 256 and higher use Data size 2d.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip.

Is it normal for device without template not to get return parameter shown in HC2 4.03x?