Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Nest Protect support

budda

Question

Has anybody had a crack at getting Nest Protect exposed in HC2 as a v4 plugin?

I can understand Fibaro not offering direct support as it has a competing product, but i would be interested if there was any community effort already underway ?

The API doesn't look tricky - 

Please login or register to see this link.

NEST Lab sent reaction today as they are in contact with Fibaro, but as told, the moment 3rd gen thermostat was introduced, Fibaro pulled back their connection with the WorksWithNest platform. 

For the moment I don't exactly know what more we can do, then showing Fibaro, that our wishes on 3rd party plugins are not that crazy.. It could save them loads of time. on the other hand I could imaginate (specially after the recently published hack) Fibaro is watching closely to their programming in combination with security.... And just doesnt publish any plugin that has been sent by 3rd parties.

Edited by SpaceCompany

13 hours ago, budda said:

It would be great if Fibaro just opened their promised plugin system up so others could drop a Nest plugin, or another device, into HC2. Maybe the IoT platform mentioned is part of this now ... always something changing and never releases.

I have still in my head to go to the Homey for that and leave my HC2 in the garbage can. Yes Homey is still not the best, but they have tons of apps and integration and from the next version even backup and restore. 

geez i went and invested in fibaro and the support seems to have dropped on a lot of things