Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo

Acho

Question

Hi,

just learned a bit about Amazon Echo - ( 

Please login or register to see this link.

). Any chance to integrate it with HC2 ?

As I have no server at home to run the Vera-Bridge I found an easy way to get Amazon Echo working with my Fibaro HC2.

1: I set up an IFTTT account (

)

2: I linked Amazon Echo with my IFTTT account.

3: I set up an IFTTT recipe with Amazon Echo based on the trigger “Say a specific phrase”. This allows triggering any action if you say to your Alexa: “Alexa trigger xyz”. For instance: “Alexa trigger LIGHT on”. In only a few seconds the command “LIGHT” is received at the IFTTT server.

4: I set up a MAKE channel at IFTTT. In here I trigger my Fibaro HC2 using a URL. For instance to close my blinds:

Relatively quick and needs no extra server. Doing so I set up a recipe for all things I wanted to control.

For anyone interested this is how I modified the amazon-echo-ha.bridge.jar file through the source files.

Guest sebco

For anyone interested this is how I modified the amazon-echo-ha.bridge.jar file through the source files.

Do you mind making that video public? I can't access it. Cheers

Thanks, mate

Glad to help

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We have this device of course and will integrate it once it allows it on decent level - sadly for now it is not possible. Vera solution is just a workaround and not real integration with Echo.

Hi Fibaro,

Can you tell us what is still "indecent" from Amazon Echo.

If you tell us what it needs, we can either

1. Help you overcome the issue.
  2. Ask amazon to fix whatever issue is preventing you from moving forward.

Looks like you are all doing a great job with other things, but maybe this has fallen off the radar.

Let's work together to get this done, and not in one of the clever (but a bit hack-a-day) ways some of the smart people have managed to get it to work.

Thanks.

Julexmon,  

Did you ever get your Echo working with the Fibaro, without the error response?  

My workaround was to modify the amazon-echo-ha-bridge.  The problem in my case was that the bridge was receiving a response code back of 202, instead of 200 from my commands.  So, I altered the HueMulator.java file in the bridge and recompiled the amazon-echo-bridge.jar file. All I did was use the program Eclipse and changed the following piece of code in the java file from "getStatusCode() == 200)"  to   " getStatusCode() != 200)".  Now when I ask Echo to turn the ceiling fan on low, medium or high it does it immediately and responds back with okay

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Video Demonstrating Amazon Echo controlling my ceiling fan through the Fibaro HC2

May I know what is the port number used for the bridge configuration? thanks

Dear Fibaro Experts,

Amazon released a new Smart Home Skill as part of the simple to use Amazon Echo Alexa Skills Kit. Amazon claims: “Now you can easily teach Alexa how to control cloud-controlled lighting and thermostat devices so customers can simply say, "Alexa, turn on the kitchen lights" or "Alexa, turn on the heat."

Two quick questions:

1: Did any of you managed to get the HC2 work with Alexa directly using the AWS Lambda and not an own server or the bridge amazon-echo-ha-bridge?

2: Is Fibaro supporting an OAuth 2.0 authentication? If yes, please let me know where I can find details. If no, please help and share if there is a workaround.

Would be great if you help

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Cheers,
Alex

Yeah Fibaro Experts go release it so we can move on to the next step

/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am waiting for my Echo to arrive, as soon as it does I am going to port some of my UBI lessons across to Alexa. 

*** If you want to integrate Alexa to the HC2 you can already do this using the UBI portal service. For more details check this video here:

The great thing about the UBI portal is that you can use regex AND http to control anything you can control through the HC2 api, For example to close a window (using my UBIs) I created a lesson with the following regex:

--- (please )?((shut )|(close )?)((all )?(of )?)(the )?(window(s)?)(( shut)|( close)?)( please)?

Then I setup a http get request:

-- 

If you don't know how to or don't want to write with regex then just write a fixed utterance in place of the above Regex:

---- "Shut the window"

I'll tell you how the integration with Alexa goes as soon as I get my hands on it, but I expect the above to work based on my experience with my UBIs. In the mean time, would be interested to see if anyone can get it to work on their Alexa.

Nice Idea!

I was testing this approach with my echo. But I get quite a big delay. Bigger then in the solution with Vera Hub. Maybe if you have an UBI (I do not) it is reacting faster than the http request through the UBI-Portal.

Glad it worked 

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

I would contact UCIC if you are having delays. I wouldn't expect more than 1 second on average. What delays are you getting?

Looking forward to trying in on my Echo when it arrives!

I think it was too late for me yesterday to test it properly. It works fine! The delay is not  big at all. 

Thank you for sharing this! Now I have a lot of lessons to learn ...

No worries.

It seemed a bit odd when you said it was delayed. I am glad it wasn't a real issue.

Shout out if you need any help with Regex. I have written a quite few for basic things like lighting and windows.

Cheers

Aleks

Thank you. In most cases I just use on/off commands for lights or a trigger for a scene. I wonder if it is possible to dimm the lights.