Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo

Acho

Question

Hi,

just learned a bit about Amazon Echo - ( 

Please login or register to see this link.

). Any chance to integrate it with HC2 ?

They have a surprise waiting for you

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> official support

its about TIME..!!

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

I have the Amazon Echo working with the Vera or HA bridge. Different posts on getting the amazon settings on outside the US works great with Google Chrome and its extension Request Maker. Even get the local restaurants at my location (Netherlands). I have a Vera, HC2 and Harmony hub connected with the HA bridge. It works great !!!! The HA bridge scans the Vera automatically but not the HC2, although automate.asia seems to have modified the bridge jar file and it also scans the HC2. I brought in the HC2 URL's via " manual add" On/Off and scene starts stops works fine but I don't get the dimming working although i see on you tube applications with HC2 also having the dim function operational. What are the URL's for the dimming function? Anybody knows?

I am not an expert on Linux but if the instructions are followed well like on the micasaverde forum you will have it up and running within the hour or from Deojuvente although his instructions are more extensive and can be easier because raspbian does come with an embedded Java installer.  It is amazing how well the Echo recognizes the speech it doesn't matter who is talking to Alexa or even how strange the accent is. It is the ultimate voice control but also an integration tool for all different brands of equipment you have. 

Weather & Time zone outside the US is working to now, i just need to ask whats the wheater and it tells me the weather here in my city

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

use chrome Request maker after setting your location to a us place look for PUT in RM and look for

just add the text (replace the YOUR......OFC) below and click send after oke you have a echo in your city

(For the Dutch ppl if you put in your zip code make it whit the space 0000 XX or its not working)

Please login or register to see this code.

The Ha-Bridge 3.0.0 install is more easy now:

small remark. 

at 

it should be:

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

if you are not root you cannot save the changes made to the file

As I have no server at home to run the Vera-Bridge I found an easy way to get Amazon Echo working with my Fibaro HC2.

1: I set up an IFTTT account (

)

2: I linked Amazon Echo with my IFTTT account.

3: I set up an IFTTT recipe with Amazon Echo based on the trigger “Say a specific phrase”. This allows triggering any action if you say to your Alexa: “Alexa trigger xyz”. For instance: “Alexa trigger LIGHT on”. In only a few seconds the command “LIGHT” is received at the IFTTT server.

4: I set up a MAKE channel at IFTTT. In here I trigger my Fibaro HC2 using a URL. For instance to close my blinds:

Relatively quick and needs no extra server. Doing so I set up a recipe for all things I wanted to control.

Can you give more information about THAT condition. IF condition with Alexa is easy bo how do you send URL to HC?

@julexmon thnx for the update:)

@Pola4ek i dont like IFTTT for the w8ing time to turn the lights on or off, the pi is 35euro and i can controle it all from 1 place inside my home.

but if you are happy whit it, its all cool and nice dunn

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> can you trigger scenes whit it to or open close commands? i am just curious

Hi

I M TRYING to control fibaro devices through ifttt server using condition IF "Alexa trigger close blinds" THAN MAKER CHANNEL send URL to HC2 to close blinds.

IFTTT says the problem is with URL

URL is 

and http:// before username

pasting this URL to the command bar HC2 gets the signal and closes blinds but pasting it to the MAKER it doesn't react. the method is POST

Does somebody know what may be incorrect here?

oke nice job..

here is the way i done it i made a copy from my post on amazon:

i have setup the echo whit the country i live in outside the US (EU The Netherlands)
i can now just ask for whats the weather and it tells me the weather here in my city in the netherlands

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
spotify whit my dutch account works aswell

here if the video on how to do this: dont forget to backup your old code first..!!)

have fun

i hear there is a way to controle your home lights to like this to.. so you not need to us IFTTT or a PI.. still looking for the how to
  • Thanks 1

We have this device of course and will integrate it once it allows it on decent level - sadly for now it is not possible. Vera solution is just a workaround and not real integration with Echo.

1 year ago...

I have three devices added to VERA-bridge and they work with TEST ON TEST OFF actions but ALEXA can't discover any of them. Some ideas why?

I'm using amazon-echo-bridge-0.2.1

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Pola4ek

I have three devices added to VERA-bridge and they work with TEST ON TEST OFF actions but ALEXA can't discover any of them. Some ideas why?

I'm using amazon-echo-bridge-0.2.1

Do you use real Amazon Echo or software version of Alexa on Raspberry PI?

Do you use real Amazon Echo or software version of Alexa on Raspberry PI?

Real Amazon Echo

And Alexa uses the same wi-fi as mine notebook where the bridge emulator is running

upnp is also enabled

Edited by Pola4ek

I do not know what else can cause a problem. Maybe you should try the

in  third post by Ramias on Windows. At least just for test.

I installed the Vera-Bridge and modified the http requests. I works quite well. The reaction time is quite short.

The problem I have is that Echo does not get a confirmation from Fibaro. So Alexa is complainig that the device is not responding.

The Bridge Configuration for Vera needs a "Vera Request Port". Its Port 3480 in case of Vera but I dont really know what port to use with Fibaro

I am using such requests:

on URL

Julexmon maybe you know something about that? I will be greatfull if you help

I have three devices added to VERA-bridge and they work with TEST ON TEST OFF actions but ALEXA can't discover any of them. Some ideas why?

I have tried to run it on amazon-echo-bridge-0.2.1, amazon-echo-bridge-1.4.3, amazon-echo-bridge-3.0.0 and alexa can't see any device added to every of this hue emulators

Alexa uses the same wi-fi as mine notebook where the bridge emulator is running

upnp is also enabled

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Dear users,

Due to a great interest and a number of questions about the closed thread, created by one of our users, regarding the product Amazon Echo we would like to inform you that the thread was closed because of safety reasons.

In addition, we would like to inform you that we are working on implementing FIBARO plugin for Amazon Echo integration.

Team Fibaro

nice fibaro is responding.. when is the beta

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

you have 2 times lights try first lights and next one second lights

or it not knowing what lights you like to swith

i use 3.0.0 and this settings

works here

3.0.0 is more easy to install

if you still have problems go here

BWS there really nice and help you in a day

Edited by Deojuvente

Guest fat

Dear users,

Due to a great interest and a number of questions about the closed thread, created by one of our users, regarding the product Amazon Echo we would like to inform you that the thread was closed because of safety reasons.

In addition, we would like to inform you that we are working on implementing FIBARO plugin for Amazon Echo integration.

Team Fibaro

Thank you for the update. Is there any chance at having some ongoing updates about the progress of what functionality etc is going to be in the plugin and how progress is going?

nice fibaro is responding.. when is the beta

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

you have 2 times lights try first lights and next one second lights

or it not knowing what lights you like to swith

i use 3.0.0 and this settings

works here

3.0.0 is more easy to install

if you still have problems go here

BWS there really nice and help you in a day

Thanks mate

You really helped me

Now Alexa detects devices and everything works

The problem was that my UPNP ip adress was incorrect

Thanks mate

You really helped me

Now Alexa detects devices and everything works

The problem was that my UPNP ip adress was incorrect

Chears