Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Configuration Query - 2x1.5kw Relay

harisbn

Hi,

I am using the Double Relay to control non-dimmable ceiling lights. It's easier to use the double relay since you can control two circuits with just one module.

But a great inconvenience occurs when using the Fibaro Mobile App. The relays are all listed under "EQUIPMENT" category. Is there any way of selecting which category the modules show up in?

I would love to see certain Relays in the "LIGHTING" category. Is there anyway of doing this?

Thanks.

• Topic Author
  • I am planning to use the HC2 with about 120 Fibaro Modules spread over an area of 12,500 sq.ft. (Basement + Ground Floor + First Floor). All the walls are clay-bricks, and all the roofs are concrete. Does anyone have any experience with such conditions. Will one HC2 be enough to handle all the z-wave traffic?

I am planning to use the HC2 with about 120 Fibaro Modules spread over an area of 12,500 sq.ft. (Basement + Ground Floor + First Floor). All the walls are clay-bricks, and all the roofs are concrete. Does anyone have any experience with such conditions. Will one HC2 be enough to handle all the z-wave traffic?

I belive someone here in this forum have fitted an old stone cottage without any major problems. Remember to build the mesh network with mains powered units 'inside' and out and start with the units closest to the hc2 and work your way outwards. I suspect but can't confirm that gen5 devices can talk gen5 between themself even in a gen3 network and thus should get you a better cover through the thickest walls. If that doesn't work then perhaps you will need a slave bridge. 

• Topic Author
  • Thanks guys, I will try first to use only one HC2. If I don't get the results, I'll try with a couple of HCLs. The house is about a month away from completion. Will share the experience once it's done.