Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter connection to garage door motor

OLIVARE

Question

Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone could help me figure this out please.

I want to connect a garage door motor to a fibaro roller shutter, i have the following connections on the actual motor please see attached (connections from 1-10 )

Anyone know how to go on about connecting this to a fibaro module?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kyle

9 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Pic attched here.

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

I think Relay switch can be more useful in that connection, since it seems your garage door already has a controller and positioning may be impossible anyway. Which connections are used to open/close the gate?

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for the reply, below connections are currenlty used.

Please login or register to see this image.

Looks like 5 6 7 and 8 are used with 7 and 8 linked toghether and green in 7

• Inquirer
  • Unfortunately this customer has no garage remote and can only manually use motor with a button which is located on actual motor itself

Unfortunately this customer has no garage remote and can only manually use motor with a button which is located on actual motor itself

If you customer only have to tap a switch to open the door then a relay switch most likely would be the best solution. I think and you have to confirm this with the manual that you could connect a POTENTIAL FREE relay between 3 and 4. The old fibaro relay switch modell or a quibino switch for example.

• Inquirer
  • If you customer only have to tap a switch to open the door then a relay switch most likely would be the best solution. I think and you have to confirm this with the manual that you could connect a POTENTIAL FREE relay between 3 and 4. The old fibaro relay switch modell or a quibino switch for example.

Thank you Joacim.

I will check if i can find a more detailed manual online as the one i have doesn't really mention this. One other question since the fibaro relay is 240v and the motor is only 24v i would need a transformer before i connect it to 3 and 4?

Thanks again

Kyle

No, you don't connect any power to 3 and 4 use a POTENTIAL FREE relay. Most likely you would only need to short circut them with a quick pulse. I believe that between those 2 poles are where the wall switch would sit.

@Joacim is right, Relay Switch looks like the best option. Just make sure what those connectors are for - because this is not really clear from the diagram. Or just connect Relay switch in place of currently used button. To determine what state door is in use global variable, or better - a D/W sensor.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you very much guys, i tested a quick short circut between them (3 and 4) and indeed it does trigger the open/close feature of the garage door!

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok so relay switch it is then

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks j.nowacki i now just have to figure out how to link a d/w sensor to the relay so i can show the state of the door. Is this feature via advanced settings/ associations/ setting association?

Sorry for all the questions guys, thanks a million.

Kyle