Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zipato RFID

HomeSystem.sk

Question

Actually, yes, perhaps you are right. Re-reading the user manual, I'm not sure it keeps any state, it only signals with a ALARM_ REPORT_v2 with armed (AWAY) or disarmed (HOME). It does not care what the previous state was. It is upto the controller to keep the state and make actions based on it - arm the alarm and potentially signal back to the keypad of the outcome with the  SWITCH_ BINARY_SET message for notification of beep(s) on the keypad. 

Fibaro have intentionally decided to ignore notifications that don't change the state - pressing HOME when already disarmed, or AWAY when already armed. It would be useful for them to recognise this for sure. 

Also re-reading the user manual, I am not sure it is possible for the HC2 to set the armed/disarmed status of the keypad, even if it is awake. You could try putting it into "ALWAYS AWAKE" mode and then trying to trigger the state change form HC2 and see if it works, but this would not work in normal operation as always awake mode will drain the battery fast. 

On ‎05‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 3:08 PM, titof_44 said:

As in the Log  window we can see informations with the state and the user like this :

unlocked by user 1

locked by user 2

unlocked by user 1

can we imagine to have this information on a triggered scene in the future ?

one can of course parse fibaro logs, write the resulting value to global variable and trigger scene by the global variable, e.g:

Please login or register to see this code.

this example triggers only once (home or away), no matter what tag has been used

Edited by tinman
nil after reboot

On 30/09/2016 at 0:22 PM, Cameleon said:

Fibaro have intentionally decided to ignore notifications that don't change the state - pressing HOME when already disarmed, or AWAY when already armed. It would be useful for them to recognise this for sure. 

Yes, PLEASE fibaro make sure you do *not* ignore the unlock msg even when the state is unlocked.. Only this way are we able to arm the alarm when not home (with remote) and still be able to unarm the alarm with the RFID tag.

For my use-case this is essential.

On 5.10.2016 at 6:55 PM, sj3fk3 said:

Yes, PLEASE fibaro make sure you do *not* ignore the unlock msg even when the state is unlocked.. Only this way are we able to arm the alarm when not home (with remote) and still be able to unarm the alarm with the RFID tag.

For my use-case this is essential.

Hello,

I forwarded the suggestion. Thank you.

Hello, I have a HCL and the latest update says to support the Be-Next tag reader. I was excited to finally see a neat looking tag reader to arm my alarm. However besides seeing the codes appearing on the top of my screen, I have no idea how to use this device to arm /disarm. Anyone?

9 minutes ago, ajutten said:

Hello, I have a HCL and the latest update says to support the Be-Next tag reader. I was excited to finally see a neat looking tag reader to arm my alarm. However besides seeing the codes appearing on the top of my screen, I have no idea how to use this device to arm /disarm. Anyone?

That's the question. Now to configure the tag-reader you have to execute LUA code.

I haven't checked release notes for updated for HCL. Did Fibaro mention adding support for your device in description to HCL update?

Hi Albert, Thank you for replying: Yes they did:

New devices support:
- Enerwave ZWN SC7 version 1.5.
- Leviton VRCZ4 version 0.2.
- Aspier RF 5 Scene Controller.
- RFID Readers: BeNext, Wintop, Zipato.

However I have no idea how to proceed.

You see. They released it for HC2, and started this thread to explain how to proceed. For HCL Fibaro did not explained that. I have no idea what you can do.

Maybe they just copied list of added devices from HC2 release notes without verification. Maybe try to write to Fibaro support directly.

@Ajutten

Can you share Fibaro's reply?

I have HCL and I have no idea how to proceed with Zipato RFID.

Thanks,

I have checked it locally, and I am 99% sure, that Fibaro made a mistake adding support for this device to HCL release notes. Fibaro will have to correct it.

1 minute ago, Albert said:

I have checked it locally, and I am 99% sure, that Fibaro made a mistake adding support for this device to HCL release notes. Fibaro will have to correct it.

So waiting an answer from Fibaro :)

Thanks Albert

You can add the code through REST API.

You can edit "lua" property of scenes through REST, becouse i do not see any other option with Zipato settings in HCL.

Edited by jakub.jezek

40 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

You can add the code through REST API.

You can edit "lua" property of scenes through REST, becouse i do not see any other option with Zipato settings in HCL.

Is there any tutorial or documentation for this process?

As a newbie, I don't know what is REST API.

(I'm a fast learner! :) )

Thanks to everyone again

On 11. 10. 2016 at 3:59 PM, omer said:

Is there any tutorial or documentation for this process?

As a newbie, I don't know what is REST API.

(I'm a fast learner! :) )

Thanks to everyone again

I am out of office for few days. But i have some sollution. So sorry if it take awhile.

But for Basic understand of REST API please visit developer.fibaro.com.

Edited by jakub.jezek

Do you experience "hang" problem at yours Ziapto RiFD Key readers with HC2?

I rested my one after upgrade HC2 to 4.100, to be sure all is restarted again. But sometimes the reader falls into transmission state. It blinks its LED once per second, and is completely inoperable in such state. Maual says, that this is state when device transmits data, and user cannot operate it. But my unit stay in such state forever. I have to detach it from the wall, and it breaks transmissions when tamper button is triggered.

I had it twice last 4-5 days, probably after arming it (AWAY). When my child come home, it was not able to unlock. I cannot instruct the family to detach the keypad from the wall in case of problems.

The question is, if is it cause by HC2 and some not proper commands it sent to Keypad, or is it a problem at KeyPad side (my unit only, or Zipato firmware).

On ‎11‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 2:54 PM, omer said:

@Ajutten

Can you share Fibaro's reply?

I have HCL and I have no idea how to proceed with Zipato RFID.

Thanks,

on HCL one can use VD to proceed with RFID tags and PINs

I thought I had it working, but it isn't working as I would expect.

First and foremost; here my Benext RFID tag reader shows up as a door lock with the statusses 'locked' and unlocked' and a 2nd which I can tell what it is (which I set as 'other device' as instructed.

When following the instructions I had to work with the 'door lock', as the other replied 'null'.

That one I couldn't tell it was anything else than a door lock..

When I use a tag and/or pin on the tag reader it does seem to work. I see it switching between locked (AWAY) and unlocked (HOME).

This I also see happening in the log in the top of the Fibaro interface.

However, when I try to make a simple scene to test it will not work: for example:

IF tagreader=away, THEN turn of lamp

It doesn't do anything when setting the tagreader to away..

Also, when I convert it into LUA I see something which I was not expecting, but maybe thats just me:

It tries to set the value to 255:

local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
if (
 ( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(864, "value")) == 255 )

Would this make sense..?

Anyone any clue?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by MaTi

Dear FIbaro,

BeNext will no longer sell/produce the old TAG reader, but will from now onwards only sell the TAG reader 500.

(identical looks, different chip)

This is currently NOT supported by the HC2 it seems (see attachment). Its added as a generic zwave device and isn't working..

When would you expect this to be fully supported? The old tag readers seem to be out of stock everywhere..

Please login or register to see this attachment.