Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Start a scene when the tv is turned on with normal remote

apgc

Question

Hi,

I successfully integrated my Samsung tv. Can now control it through Fibaro. Don't really see the use of it though.

What I'd like to do is have a scene start when the tv is turned on through a normal remote. FYI: the scene will check daytime, if it's day it will close the blinds, if it's evening it will set the lights at a dimmed level, etc...

Possible?

Thank you,

apgc

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

@apgc,

With HC2 everything is possible. I use VD to turn on TV and related devices. This VD sets global variable CinemaState to Yes so lights are automatically set to predefined values by Very Smart Lights scene. It also calls scene that takes care of blinds depending on time of day. I use this global variable to tell HC2 that we are watching TV because for TV and other devices control I use

. We stored and removed batteries from all our original remotes since we have complete control with Fibaro app.

On 12/26/2016 at 0:18 PM, apgc said:

Hi,

I successfully integrated my Samsung tv. Can now control it through Fibaro. Don't really see the use of it though.

What I'd like to do is have a scene start when the tv is turned on through a normal remote. FYI: the scene will check daytime, if it's day it will close the blinds, if it's evening it will set the lights at a dimmed level, etc...

Possible?

Thank you,

apgc

@apgc

I use a simple scene or vd to detect if the TV is online (its like a ping but needs an open port)

you just need the IP address of the TV and an open port (I use Fing my smart phone to scen my network and then scan for services on that TV's IP address)

vd code for pseudo 'ping', adjust as required

Please login or register to see this code.

One anomaly is that I noticed that after the TV powers off the port can remain active for a further 20-30 seconds so the device will still show 'ON' for the scene/vd

On 09/01/2017 at 8:16 PM, Sankotronic said:

With HC2 everything is possible.

Agreed ! You just need to be inventive I think.

I use a smart switch that the tv is plugged into and when the power increases it runs my simple tv scene .. check day or night, close blinds, dim lights .. soon to include projector and roll screen down in the man cave.

cool how there are so many ways to do the same thing !

Cheers,

al.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:46 AM, Sankotronic said:

I use VD to turn on TV and related devices. This VD sets global variable CinemaState to Yes so lights are automatically set to predefined values by Very Smart Lights scene

Hi @Sankotronic,

I am planning to order  an iTach Wi-Fi to IR this weekend.  are you still happy with yours?  also will you share your VD code or it the same VD off the Vesternet pages?

I am buying mine in order to do the following:

turn lights to predefined setting

turn on TV and wait

change  source to my Kodi player which is always on

or change source to Dune player

turn on Dune player

I have yet to decide which of the players to use

Thanks a stack

L

Hi @lennypenny,

With iTach there is no feedback from TV and other media devices of their state, but when properly setup, state of the TV and other media devices can be easily kept in one global variable table so every time when state is changed it is memorized in this global variable. This enables to use only one button to setup all media devices to what you want to watch or listen. There is additional setup VD to setup global variable according to current status of the media devices or to correct it if discrepancy occurs. I haven't finished this VD's yet but will in time.

I will gladly share my code and also help with setting it up since there will be always differences in solutions due to different media devices that we have.

Just now, Sankotronic said:

I will gladly share my code and also help with setting it up since there will be always differences in solutions due to different media devices that we have.

Thanks  @Sankotronic,

I will place my order right now, direct from Global Cache in UK as Vesternet is out of stock

Hi @lennypenny

1 hour ago, lennypenny said:

will place my order right now,

I could recommand the iTach Flex, if you didn't order yet.

Just now, Bodyart said:

I could recommand the iTach Flex, if you didn't order yet.

Thanks for the input,  No I have not ordered yet.  I need to be sure which one to get.  Firstly I am reasonably sure to get a wi-fi version. Have you got the FLEX WiFi version and are you happy with the range?

My iTach will be about 5 metres away from devices to be controlled and same distance from an Wi-Fi access point.  I understand that I will have to control it with an IR Blaster

1 hour ago, lennypenny said:

Thanks  @Sankotronic,

I will place my order right now, direct from Global Cache in UK as Vesternet is out of stock

@lennypenny

I use the global cache GC-100-12 for all my av control but

With this I can control 3 TV, Projector, Sat Receiver/2xAppleTV/Android Box/BluRay Player in equipment rack ( IR blaster), 

I use the LAN monitor and a networktable (global variable) to track AV states

iTach Flex is a wi-fi device. I'm using it to control my TV, Radio, Airco, Air purifier and my Room humidifier. The iTach device is on the wall in the middle of the livingroom, which is 9,5 m long. The devices i control with iTach are about 2 to 6 meters from iTach. The ir blaster comes with a 2 meter long cable, so its easy to position that device.
You can during installation easily check the IR-signal from iTach with your smartphone camera.

And ofcourse it controls also my popcorn media player and my Kodi box. :-D

iTach Flex comes with 1 IR-blaster, but you can optional buy a cable with 3 blasters connected (I almost forgot :-) )

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Bodyart

2 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

use the global cache GC-100-12 for all my av control but

Frank, if I spend that much on one of those, I will land up sleeping in my fancy garden shed.

I only just managed to get a budget of £150 for this project.  I had to wine and dine my finance minister with a good BBQ and excellent wine.

1 minute ago, lennypenny said:

Frank, if I spend that much on one of those, I will land up sleeping in my fancy garden shed.

@lennypenny

point taken :-)

2 minutes ago, lennypenny said:

I had to wine and dine my finance minister with a good BBQ and excellent wine

We've all been there and it has to be done 

The trick is to get budget approval after the wine..... :-)

4 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

The trick is to get budget approval after the wine..... :-)

Hi @AutoFrank,

in case of dificulties some strong destilate coul'd be recommanded, hhh

8 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

And ofcourse it controls also my popcorn media player and my Kodi box. :-D

To what extent have you automated the use of your KODI Box?

I run KODI on an APPLE MacMini which is always on.  I have some 2,000 digitised movies running on 2 DROBO devices..  Is yours a dedicated KODI device please?

Thanks

L

It's an Android "Smart TV box" loaded with Kodi app. My movies are running thru Popcorn Hour Vten from my Synology server.

9 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

My movies are running thru Popcorn Hour Vten from my Synology server.

@Bodyart, This I would like to hear more about if you have time, I have an android TV box and Synology NAS DS415Play and would love to have better control over my movies

Just now, AutoFrank said:

@Bodyart, This I would like to hear more about if you have time, I have an android TV box and Synology NAS DS415Play and would love to have better control over my movies

Hi @AutoFrank,

that android settopbox (4K) i'm using on experimental basis yet; it came last week from China (e-bay) I'm streaming from my old Synology DS 1813+ thru Popcorn Vten (4K). So acually i have to figure out that settopbox yet. Currently i'm controlling it with it's own IR-remote. I'ts patiently waiting voor me, but i spend my time with learning lua, building scenes and VD's. So in this stage I'm not telling my system which movie to play using Athom Homey instead of sonos, because Homey can control the thing Fibaro can not, like IR, RF, Z-wave & Zigbee.

Perhaps it woul'd be usefull to ask me specific things, or i can post some report later, when it's automated.

1 minute ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

that android settopbox (4K) i'm using on experimental basis yet; it came last week from China (e-bay) I'm streaming from my old Synology DS 1813+ thru Popcorn Vten (4K). So acually i have to figure out that settopbox yet. Currently i'm controlling it with it's own IR-remote. I'ts patiently waiting voor me, but i spend my time with learning lua, building scenes and VD's. So in this stage I'm not telling my system which movie to play using Athom Homey instead of sonos, because Homey can control the thing Fibaro can not, like IR, RF, Z-wave & Zigbee.

Perhaps it woul'd be usefull to ask me specific things, or i can post some report later, when it's automated.

@Bodyart

Anything you could share when it's automated would be great

I'm re-building my own systems at the moment from my greenwave debacle....

Just now, AutoFrank said:

Anything you could share when it's automated would be great

Frank, I'll share everything that is tested and working, even when the code isn't clean and structured :P