Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO
as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.
As a member you can:
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Follow topics and users to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages
- ... and learn a lot about our system!
Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team
Between the years I had some few seconds to learn about NodeJS, Alexa Skills and Fibaro API.
I was able to create a Skill for Alexa to communicate with Fibaro HC2 (HCL should work also).
For now it is written and configured for German language but can easily adopted to any other language.
Disadvantages so far:
The Fibaro Box must be available via internet by any port forwarded to HTTP port 80 only (unless you are creating a proxy in between). Dyndns and IPv4 are useful...
The skill cannot get certificated and set up easily.
For using it an Alexa Skill must be created manually and the code and all other options (like intents list, custom slots and utterances) must be pasted manually.
Some smaller changes in the code is needed too (abbreviations, url, port, authentication).
Also Alexa is responding only after asking for the keyword (like fibaro, house ore something like this). While using the Alexa Smart Home Skill it is not possible to have more usage than other already existing skills (like HABridge).
Advantages/Possibilities (just some examples):
- You are able to set temperature for a special period of time
- You can get and set status of global variables
- You can change up to two lights at once or all lights in one or two rooms at once
- You can call scenes
- You can get status information about open/closed doors, open/closed windows, bot at once, turned on lights
- Status information about wall plugs (turned on or off and power consumption)
- Change roller shutters status (with proper words like shut down instead of shut off).
If anybody might be interested he can ask me for the code.
I am going to publish it somewhere (maybe Github) in the next days if anybody else might get interested in this.
Also code is still not perfect. There might be a couple of bugs and it might get written better.
But it was my first time I was writing anything for Alexa and with Nodejs (don't know why I have chosen this language).
Also I would like to know some more ideas what could be done additional.
Also I am interested if anybody has some improvements (like communicating via home.fibaro.com).
Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 answers to this question
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.