Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to cancel reconfig of device that doesn't exist

AutoFrank

Question

Hi,

I started a reconfiguration on a device that it turned out was the result of a failed inclusion.

I can't remove/exclude the device, a force delete/remove doesnt work

A backup, reboot and even a FW upgrade doesnt stop this 

It is stuck in a reconfig loop and as such I cannot reconfigure another device as it will queue

Please login or register to see this attachment.

device as follows

any thoughts ?

Thanks

-f

14 answers to this question

I've seen this reported a few times for the 4.1XX firmware. I think only Fibaro remote support can fix this.

You might try 4.120 but I'm a bit... uncertain... Running an update on a system that isn't 100% doesn't feel right (unless you are confident with "recovery"). BTW I got trouble including ZME_WALLC-S and Fibaro D/W Sensor 1 on 4.120 - always ended in "unconfigured" devices. But I was able to remove them, and yours seem to be stuck.

Hi @AutoFrank,

I had the same situation after upgrading to 4.120 with different Z-wave devices simmilar to your situation. They stayed vissible after forced removal, but after a reboot they were deleted.

• Inquirer
  • Just now, Bodyart said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

I had the same situation after upgrading to 4.120 with different Z-wave devices simmilar to your situation. They stayed vissible after forced removal, but after a reboot they were deleted.

Thanks @Bodyart, I might try that again this evening...

15 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I've seen this reported a few times for the 4.1XX firmware. I think only Fibaro remote support can fix this.

You might try 4.120 but I'm a bit... uncertain... Running an update on a system that isn't 100% doesn't feel right (unless you are confident with "recovery"). BTW I got trouble including ZME_WALLC-S and Fibaro D/W Sensor 1 on 4.120 - always ended in "unconfigured" devices. But I was able to remove them, and yours seem to be stuck.

Thanks @petergebruers

I updated the FW to 4.120 last night. It was the only anomaly and all went well. .....except that this reconfig loop persisted through the update so it looks like a job for fibaro support

Same problem over here. A reboot didn't help.

Update: Somehow after a reboot I was able to stop the reconfiguration proces.

But still can't remove the (not existing) device.

It again shows that NOP has been sent but not able to remove the device....

And I don't have any idea what NOP means.

• Inquirer
  • Just now, TRicky said:

Update: Somehow after a reboot I was able to stop the reconfiguration proces.

But still can't remove the (not existing) device.

It again shows that NOP has been sent but not able to remove the device....

And I don't have any idea what NOP means.

Thanks @TRicky

I contacted support and they should be able to resolve

-f

I had 5 non-existing Z-wave devices (probably due to wrong inclusion) after several tries i was able to remove them (forced) when after 6 hours of waiting for reconfiguration proces, but they stayed vissible. After a new reboot of HC2 they were gone.

Edited by Bodyart

NOP = no operation = a command to check if a device is alive. A bit lke you can do ping 8.8.8.8 to check if you can reach google's dns servers.

If you force a delete, HC sends a NOP, before honouring your request. If it gets a response, it tells you the device is alive and that you should do a normal remove (instead of forced remove).

It would be weird to have a device, with a valid node ID, but you don't want it on your HC. Exclusion is about removing the data from your controller *and* resetting your device at the same time.

Guest David86vm

Hi AutoFrank,

I had same problem, solved it by taking the home center to work (far out of range of the modules should also work) and removed the device without a problem.

11 hours ago, David86vm said:

Hi AutoFrank,

I had same problem, solved it by taking the home center to work (far out of range of the modules should also work) and removed the device without a problem.

Nice trick @David86vm thanks for sharing that. 

12 hours ago, David86vm said:

Hi AutoFrank,

51 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Nice trick @David86vm thanks for sharing that. 

You are circumventing a safety mechanism. I think that is allowed, if you really understand why you need to do that.

• Inquirer
  • 20 minutes ago, TRicky said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

Did you resolve this problem after all? Luckily I did....

@TRicky

yes, sorry for not posting.

fibaro support were dialed in to do some clean up for me on my HC2 and they stopped the looping reconfig for me :-)

12 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

@TRicky

yes, sorry for not posting.

fibaro support were dialed in to do some clean up for me on my HC2 and they stopped the looping reconfig for me :-)

Good to hear you're out of this problem (just like I do).