Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[TUTORIAL] How to add Philips HUE plugin in less than a minute

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi, Do you know if there is a possibility to get the location data from Hue bridge into HC2?

Thanks in advance

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Sjakie ,

Do you refer to the bridge configuration which can be read or changed with this URL:

Please login or register to see this code.

or to HUE remote API?

Hello

I gues

I want to use the presence/ away from the HUE to use as a scene in HC2 to inform we are present or away.

Basically I dont have home automation to push a button but for our guests it is at this moment the only safe solution so I added also for ourselves.

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Sjakie ,

So it is presence that you are interested and not present location. I still didn't tested this feature. I have turned on Location aware and set my home location in Philips HUE app, Routines section. After that I can retrieve that rule using API Debug tool with request:

I get two rules generated in HUE bridge and they have different presence state. Also two sensors are added:

One of the sensors name is same as name of my mobile device and another sensor added name is "HomeAway".

Next step is to test this two sensors and rules how they change state depending on mobile phone location. Last step is to get state of the added sensor from HUE bridge with code:

Above code is missing some checking of the retrieved data from bridge so it might fail in case that bridge is not accessible and it is just given as an example.

Also it is possible that more than one mobile phone is connected to bridge with turned on location service turned on in which case you will have to get state for all of them.

Edited by Sankotronic
    corrected LUA code

• 3 years later...

After a long time of not trying to add my hue, i found your tutorial now. It just worked fine. Only the IP Search Button did not work, but enter the IP-Address manually did it as well.
    Thank you very much!!