Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[TUTORIAL] How to add Philips HUE plugin in less than a minute

Update:

I have finally received the pre-ordered (@Philips Carnival Sale) HUE Bridge 2 (BSB002). Been trying over the last few days to set up Hue Plugin on HC2 with 4.134 beta to work with HUE Bridge 2 (BSB002) with latest firmware version (think is 170521051). No luck. Pressing the Hue Button then run back to click <Create User> results in nothing (no display, no movement, no user created, no access to Hue Bridge) even waited 30 seconds or longer.

Both HC2 and HUE Bridge 2 are already on static IP address within same subnet. Not sure if the HUE plugin is broken again when Philips update to newer firmware, or what is wrong since no log, nothing to diagnose with. If plugins are such a pain, may go down the VD path which is easier and within our control to better troubleshoot.

• Topic Author
  • Hi @chaicka,

from my experience HUE plugin get broken in 4.130 firmware. I had HUE plugin installed and it was working on 4.120, but after update to 4.130 it just stopped working. I did manage to delete it and add it one more time but it worked for short time and then again died on me. At the end I delete it for good.

It is possible that something is so broken on firmware after 4.130 that now can't even add HUE plugin to the system.

But it is not only Fibaro that manage to broke things in firmware. After last firmware update on HUE bridge I have more often unreachable report for some bulbs that where working fine before. Most funny thing is that I can still control those bulbs with HUE original app even there is exclamation mark and warning that bulb is possibly not reachable!

So I had to remove this reachable/unreachable check on new version of Philips HUE VD because HC2 can still control those bulbs same as original app even if it is reported as unreachable. How stupid is that?

My bridge is BSB002 model with firmware version 1705121051.

14 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @chaicka,

from my experience HUE plugin get broken in 4.130 firmware. I had HUE plugin installed and it was working on 4.120, but after update to 4.130 it just stopped working. I did manage to delete it and add it one more time but it worked for short time and then again died on me. At the end I delete it for good.

It is possible that something is so broken on firmware after 4.130 that now can't even add HUE plugin to the system.

But it is not only Fibaro that manage to broke things in firmware. After last firmware update on HUE bridge I have more often unreachable report for some bulbs that where working fine before. Most funny thing is that I can still control those bulbs with HUE original app even there is exclamation mark and warning that bulb is possibly not reachable!

So I had to remove this reachable/unreachable check on new version of Philips HUE VD because HC2 can still control those bulbs same as original app even if it is reported as unreachable. How stupid is that?

My bridge is BSB002 model with firmware version 1705121051.

Same here that I managed to get HUE Plugin to connect and find my lights after approx 20 tries. The discovered lights only worked for a minute or two and died thereafter.

@Sankotronic

I think I managed to pinpoint where the instability with connectivity is - Hue Bridge itself (BSB002 model with firmware version 1705121051) keeps dropping packets every now and then.

Changing the switch port to 100Mbps Full Duplex does not seem to make any difference. And based on observations, the lost of connectivity may not be on the network layer (switch still shows the port connected all the time when accessibility is lost) but on the API layer of Hue Bridge.

Edited by chaicka

• Topic Author
  • @chaicka,

I haven't monitor comms on my home network for some time. What do you use for that? Maybe I can use same approach to check if I have same connectivity problem.

Anyway, as I wrote before, Philips HUE was working flawlessly for long time with HUE VD and HUE plugin on HC firmware 4.120 and previous ones and with HUE bridge 2 on firmware version 01038390. Problems started with upgrade to 4.130. But I can't blame only HC firmware because at that time I also upgraded HUE bridge to new firmware 01039019 released on 11th April.

After upgrading both gateways/bridges HUE plugin stopped working, but I also noticed that HUE bridge is constantly reporting different bulbs unreachable like it's Zigbee network became more unstable. That never happened before on older versions except if bulb was really switched off with wall switch. Interestingly, bulb reported unreachable is still controllable with original app and HC2 HUE VD.

At the moment my HUE bridge is on latest firmware 1705121051 and I removed some of code from HUE VD that was checking bulb reachable status before sending commands and now it works again except that sometimes VD reports bulb unreachable even it was successfully turned On/Off.

• T.Konopka featured and pinned this topic

@Sankotronic and others,

This is just to share with you :

I have got first of my OSRAM Lightify rgbw bulbs.

I have reset it according to the procedure I shared earlier. It looks I could reset my bulb but in my case it blinked once , not twice as it was written, to confirm it was reset.

Then I added it without the problem to my PHILIPS Hue bridge.

It was recognized as "Extended color light".

I addeed Sankotronic's VD to control HUE rgbw bulb and it was working nice with my OSRAM rgbw bulb. I could control it from native Philips Hue app also.

• Topic Author
  • Hi @gucio1234,

That is good news and thank you for sharing! Will try with one I have one of these days.

• 3 months later...

Hi @Sankotronic,

In Fibaro app, do you see Hue Lights connected via plugin in "Lights" section or in "Plugins" section? I do not have Hue to play with, so that is why i'm asking this dummy question :D. I'm looking for just white lights to control via HCL (unfortunately).

Best regards,

Jakub

• Topic Author
  • Hi @jakub.jezek,

Unfortunately Philips HUE plugin is not shown in "Lights" section of mobile application same as virtual devices. That is when I last checked on 4.120 and iPhone app version 2.14, but I don't believe that anything changed regarding that in latest versions.

On 25. 11. 2017 at 1:30 PM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @jakub.jezek,

Unfortunately Philips HUE plugin is not shown in "Lights" section of mobile application same as virtual devices. That is when I last checked on 4.120 and iPhone app version 2.14, but I don't believe that anything changed regarding that in latest versions.

Hi @Sankotronic,

Thank you for an info.

Now, i see why it is in plugins and not in Lights.

Basetype property is not a binarySwitch, but multimedia

Please login or register to see this code.

@T.Konopka or @I.Srodka please, can you pass to integrators request to move HUE lights from plugins to Ligts?

Edited by jakub.jezek

3 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

@I.Srodka please, can you pass to integrators request to move HUE lights from plugins to Ligts?

I'm sorry but there is currently no plan to change this behavior.

1 minute ago, I.Srodka said:

OK, can you then pass it to R&D to decide if they add it to readmap?

• I.Srodka unpinned and unfeatured this topic
    • 8 months later...
    Guest asteve

Hi all,

I'm a newbie trying to setup my Hue lights into a Fibaro HC2 scene but do not know where to find the Device ID for the Hue in HC2.  I have looked at the Philips Hue iPhone app and note it has its own device id "1. xxxx" so I tried "1" as the Device ID in HC2 but it didn't work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

a

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have just recently purchased my first Fibaro HC Lite, and also some Philips Hue lightbulbs. The thought was to use some z-wave switches, such as e.g. 

Please login or register to see this link.

However, I am not at all able to find my Hue Bridge, and I have tried the first steps in this tutorial with giving static addresses in the DHCP to the bridge, with several IP addresses, but I just cannot find it when I hit the "Search" button. My IP range is 10.0.0.x. 

Is the Hue-plugin not supported in HCL, or what can be the problem? 

Thanks in advance!

• Topic Author
  • On 9/23/2018 at 7:59 AM, asteve said:

Hi all,

I'm a newbie trying to setup my Hue lights into a Fibaro HC2 scene but do not know where to find the Device ID for the Hue in HC2.  I have looked at the Philips Hue iPhone app and note it has its own device id "1. xxxx" so I tried "1" as the Device ID in HC2 but it didn't work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

a

Hi @asteve ,

I suggest that you remove HUE plugin and install my Philips HUE AIO VD. You can find it here: 

It comes with User manual and explanation how to use it. Also Philips HUE Preview VD will get all lights and group of lights ID's after connection for easier setup.

4 hours ago, espen_th said:

I have just recently purchased my first Fibaro HC Lite, and also some Philips Hue lightbulbs. The thought was to use some z-wave switches, such as e.g. 

However, I am not at all able to find my Hue Bridge, and I have tried the first steps in this tutorial with giving static addresses in the DHCP to the bridge, with several IP addresses, but I just cannot find it when I hit the "Search" button. My IP range is 10.0.0.x. 

Is the Hue-plugin not supported in HCL, or what can be the problem? 

Hi @espen_th ,

Make sure that your HCL and Philips HUE bridge are in the same IP range 10.0.0.xxx otherwise it won't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @

I have hust tried to download the Philips Hue VD file that you told about, but it seems to be something wrong with the download link on the fibaro page. Is there another place to download it from?

• Topic Author
  • 14 hours ago, Alexjuul said:

Hi @

I have hust tried to download the Philips Hue VD file that you told about, but it seems to be something wrong with the download link on the fibaro page. Is there another place to download it from?

Hi @Alexjuul ,

Philips HUE AIO VD is available only on Fibaro marketplace at this moment. I hope Fibaro will soon make marketplace available.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:30 PM, I.Srodka said:

@@I.Srodka @jakub.jezek Is there a solution for that in the meanwhile? Today, I bought ma Fibaro Center and installed successfully my HUE's. But they aren't in the light section and that's a problem.. ;-(

Thank you for your help!

Dan

@Danielos, I would like to know that too (sorry for sarcasm).

Last time I checked it is still the same. Guys from Fibaro have retrofit of plugin somewhere in pipeline, but I cannot more, since I do not know more.