Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

My system

jimicr

Question

Hello all, here is my system.

First off I'd like to thank:

@Sankotronic, @AutoFrank, @jompa68, @petergebruers, the guys on the French forum 

Please login or register to see this link.

(specially for the Google translator fun ;)). And any I forgot!

For all the advice, inspiration  and keeping up with my stupid questions ;) 

Our HA exists of:

- 1 HC2,

- 1 RPI for the Sonos API

- 2 Android tablets running Tasker, a lot of autoapps (tasker plugins) KLWP, KWGT using the RESTAPI to start scenes or press VD buttons.

- 9 HUE's

- Intel NUC running the latest Libreelec (Kodi)

- Some 40 odd physical zwave devices (all fibaro except for 3 Aeotec devices)

I use Sankotronics main scene FTBE, VSL and weather plugin.

I use AutoFrank's Sonos API.

Some "handy"  VD's and scene's found here and around the internet.

And lastly some scene's and VD's created by myself that are inspired by others here, modified by me to better suit my need or really written by me.

Here is my GUI:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

My rooms are I think simple setup, first Our house that holds main info and some settings, followed by the media remote for the living room and at the very bottom my "Mad lab" where I nurture new VD's and scene's before placing them in their rooms. 

I am in the middle of cleaning and de-cluttering. One way of doing this is consolidating multiple VD's into one with rotating info: 

Here is my living room "Room State" VD: 

This VD is 6 in one, the icon shows the sleep state, and the info for the buttons is rotated in the lable aswell as the state of our gardendoors (open or closed) and some info about the current temprature, lux level and if the lights are on or off. I made one for each room.

Knipsel.PNG.a317e42d485bbe79245f3dacc86e0a39.PNG

Here are some of the scene's and VD's I created:

At the request of @AutoFrank, the nespresso VD/ Scene:

To monitor the use of the Nespresso cups I bought a Aeotec Switch 6 (

) smart plug. the reason I got this one instead of a Fibaro was I needed the socket for a phone charger as well (The Aeotec has a USB port).

The Scene is an early modification of @Sankotronic's appliance monitor. I need to rewrite this scene one day, seeing it was the first I modified.

We have a Citiz and milk and according to the Aeotec plug the load is not a nice curve or a straight line but all spikes dropping to 0VA or nearly 0.

So here are the scene and VD, please if you have suggestions or improvements please teach me :) !

When I made the scene I thought it would be fun to send my wife a push message when I used a cup. For some reason after a few days the scene kept getting triggered by load and send a push to my wife's phone (while both at work) every second! This fired my most reliable scene, a very mad wife ;) 

Knipsel3.PNG.8e00b746a73994a4350dfdcaf5d72614.PNG

A simple scene that presses the refresh buttons on VD's:

This scene is fired every minute by Sankotronic's Main Scene FTBE to limit the load on the HC2 by pressing some buttons at the even minutes and some on the odd minutes. 

Note: Now I started to use the rotating info on VD's I'v fallen back to using main loops instead of refresh buttons.

My garden light scene and accompanying VD:

This was a fun project learning to use a VD to create a Preset global var, store a table and using it.

Note: One thing I learned (on v4.131b) is that as long as the code that create the  Preset global var is in the mainloop and you try to delete the Var in the var panel it has the same disastrous effect as pushing the safe icon right of the screen!!!!

Scenes and VD to check for open doors before arming the alarm, if it is going to rain, garage door and just plain now:

For the rain the scene is accompanied by the buienradar vd (I use @Lambik's latest verion found there): 

The VD and scenes:

(<-- garage door checker with the possibility of a repeated alert)

I am migrating all push and TTS to Autofrank's Smart message Hub So not all of the above uploaded scene's are complete there yet.

Next thing to think about is a VD and/ or scene that checks my batteries and mails the results once a week.

I will try to keep this post updated, if I missed any of you giving credit please let me know so I can add you.

Suggestions and questions are welcome!

*EDIT 23-06-2017* Screenshot of my tablets (both have the same setup):

Jim

Edited by jimicr
  • Like 4

10 answers to this question

Hi @jimicr,

you have really nice and clean setup and I really like it and thanks for sharing it. This can be very helpful for newbies to see from beginning how to organise nicely their home on HC, plus can get ideas what can be achieved!

5 hours ago, jimicr said:

Next thing to think about is a VD and/ or scene that checks my batteries and mails the results once a week.

Here is idea how to do batteries check. This code only sends e-mail to power user if there is sensor with battery level bellow minBattlevel or is above 100, usually 255. I run it once a week with Main scene FTBE. Of course I plan to completely rewrite it not to use global table but to loop through all devices and check only those with batteries and their master device only. Anyway here is basic code for you to play with:

Please login or register to see this code.

I use BattTable since some of the devices master must be checked otherwise you get error. Anyway only what you need to setup is list of devices with batteries sensorID and minBattLevel.

Problem with e-mail is that it is limited and if there is plenty battery operated devices then you can't get complete list. Maybe it is better to send as popup notification since it can have more information than e-mail?

Code can be used in VD or scene so enjoy coding! :-) 

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the script and your kind words @Sankotronic I would never have gotten this far without the inspiration of you and the guys I thanked and forgot to thank!

I'll have a go at your scene this weekend.

Jim

Hi @jimicr. Great system you have. I'm currently migrating from HCL to HC2 and converting all my scene's to lua.
    I have a pretty good setup for my alarm system (if I may say that :-) ). But the alarm panel on HC2 is not working in a HC2 - HCL Gateway setup (all my devices still exist on HCL).
    I can see you have burgular alarm. I'm wondering if you use alarm panel or add all sensors as triggers in the burgular alarm scene?

Thanks for sharing the info.

• Inquirer
  • Hi @wpeeters, The only thing I use the alarm panel for now is setting my AlarmState global from Safe to Breached and that triggers the alarm.

I am going to create a scene that changes that var so I can get rid of the panel.

One of the things I'm testing is the following: setting a delay on all door/ window sensors to activate the alarm after 30 seconds.

Then adding the sensors to my indicatie alarm scene, so I will get a Sonos TTS messages when I let the cat out before the alarm is disabled by the wake up scene (only when present state is home) or open a window at night when the alarm is set to armed home. If present state is set to away the alarm will be activated straight away (I hope :) ).

Jim

Hi @wpeeters, The only thing I use the alarm panel for now is setting my AlarmState global from Safe to Breached and that triggers the alarm.

I am going to create a scene that changes that var so I can get rid of the panel.

One of the things I'm testing is the following: setting a delay on all door/ window sensors to activate the alarm after 30 seconds.

Then adding the sensors to my indicatie alarm scene, so I will get a Sonos TTS messages when I let the cat out before the alarm is disabled by the wake up scene (only when present state is home) or open a window at night when the alarm is set to armed home. If present state is set to away the alarm will be activated straight away (I hope :) ).

Jim

P.s. I see in your signature that you use 28 scenes for alarm, could you please explain how your system works?

@jimicr. I can't use the alarm panel of the HC2 at all. Even the most basic scene is failing because of the gateway integration I guess.
    But maybe it's worth trying your approach and check in scene if sensors are breached instead of using all sensors as triggers once it was triggered by the alarm panel. Maybe it's a good hint. Thanks.

My sensors are all armed with delay in case we're away. If going to sleep, they are armed immediately. 
    Feeback of the alarmstatus is given by Fibaro RGB controller and leds integrated in the alarm panel. Even if you open door, status (alarmAway, alarmHome, alarmFailure) is given through leds.
    The scene for arming with delay, I've found on this forum and adapted to my own needs. See scene '-- Set Alarm V1.0.1 By Jim Crowley, Code used with permission by Sankotronic.' I can't find the post right away.

• Inquirer
  • 12 hours ago, wpeeters said:

@jimicr. I can't use the alarm panel of the HC2 at all. Even the most basic scene is failing because of the gateway integration I guess.
    But maybe it's worth trying your approach and check in scene if sensors are breached instead of using all sensors as triggers once it was triggered by the alarm panel. Maybe it's a good hint. Thanks.

My sensors are all armed with delay in case we're away. If going to sleep, they are armed immediately. 
    Feeback of the alarmstatus is given by Fibaro RGB controller and leds integrated in the alarm panel. Even if you open door, status (alarmAway, alarmHome, alarmFailure) is given through leds.
    The scene for arming with delay, I've found on this forum and adapted to my own needs. See scene '-- Set Alarm V1.0.1 By Jim Crowley, Code used with permission by Sankotronic.' I can't find the post right away.

Goodmorning @wpeeters,

If you are looking for the post just look in my signature. I updated the scene a bit and will update that post with my complete solution as in use now if I get the chance today.

After thinking things thru, I'll keep using the alarm panel to activate the alarm for now.

It just does one thing: run a scene that changes AlarmState from Safe to Breached.

Jim

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the kind words @Tony270570, The system is a bit of a mess now.

We bought a new home and took everything with us. We are doing a complete rebuild of the house so things that need to work work. Still have to cleanup the system.

Jim

With every module I add to my system I think "Remi, your HA is getting better and better".

But after seeing your clean setup I know, Boy oh boy I have a lot to do still! :)

I really like the way how you set up your GUI.

@jimicr Cool ! a new house is still a nice project, once you'll be nicely installed, you'll take your time to made a new super HA system :)

Have good time !!!