Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Another Danfoss Room Sensor Topic

Momos

Question

Hello Fibaro Team,

Can you please let the community know the status of the integration of the Danfoss Room Sensor with the heating panel ?

There are quite a few topics on the subject already , there was even a promise that it will be solved soon, but that was about a year ago.  Now it is summer but it's not long until winter will be upon us again.

Currently the Danfoss Room Sensor doesn't do anything, as in its set point temp is not transmitted to the radiators valve in the same room.

@T.Konopka please look at this as i'm sure you are quite familiar with the subject.

Regards

On 28/9/2017 at 7:13 AM, Momos said:

@T.Konopka I understand.  But when a device is implemented in HC2 (aka has a template and all) there must be a way to get all relevant data out through LUA.  To get the new setpoint temperature from the Danfoss RS the " fibaro:getValue(ID, "value")" can be used. But to get the new set time interval (1h, 4h, whatever you set from the buttons) the "fibaro:getValue(ID, "timestamp")" should be used. However this one always returns 2 hours, no matter what you manually set on the RS via buttons.  So my question was how to reliably get through LUA what you set on the RS ?

Hi

is this still the situation? I am about to buy some danfoss RS's but wonder if somehow this works now, even through lua

Thanks

R

• Inquirer
  • Still the same situation :(   Either Fibaro doesn't  want to make it work as it should or they don't know how to do it.  I  do not think there is a third option.

And now that Fibaro radiator valves are on the market i doubt they will do anything else about other devices.

@T.Konopka  at least if nothing is done on the subject, maybe you can suggest to marketing to make a buy-back offer. I would dump all my danfoss devices and go with Fibaro ones.  But i have invested some thousands Euros in these Danfoss - because Fibaro said they are supported.

Do not worry if you can not respond, I am used to it. I'm just writing for myself...

Fibaro does not make a room sensor... unless you use their thermostatic valves. So fixing this behaviour of danfoss RS is something we can hope for, right @T.Konopka? If i understood correctly, hc2 reads the temperature manually set by the user on the device but not the time it should force that temperature, which is always set to 2hrs. Right?

Thanks

r

On 17. 12. 2017 at 10:01 AM, rcanetta said:

Fibaro does not make a room sensor... unless you use their thermostatic valves.

You could use any of Fibaro devices, that meassures temperature, as a room sensor.

Also what i see there, that i do not think it is in Fibaro's power (i do not want to underestimate sw developers) to make same settings on Z-Wave command class level as in Danfoss link is (using RS as reference point).

Honestly Danfoss RS and Danfoss LC-13 has old type of command classes, so i do not think that it is possible. Command classes used by Danfoss:

Please login or register to see this link.

Danfoss RS Z-Wave spec:

Danfoss LC-13 Z-Wave spec:

Hi

according to manual the time is reported via zwave - see page 10, "override thermostat scheduler" here 

What do you think?

thanks

R

p.s. I need a sensor that displays current temperature - currently using Everspring for that but some of them are now strangely and randomly reporting instant temperatures of 0 or 99

Hello,

@Momos, from the information we gathered from tests Danfoss as well as our Heat Controller works properly with Heating Panel and manual override. We are aware of the issues with other thermostats, but these two valves work fine.

I suppose that the issue here concerns Danfoss Room Sensor (and similar devices) only and manual override of setpoints from this kind of devices. As for now, it is not possible to do so. We tried to fix it, but valves (actors) and  thermostats (sensors) are two different devices.

We focused on valves in order to introduce The Heat Controller - nothing wrong about the fact that we wanted to introduce our product. I hope that this can be understood.

For now, thermostats will not override the schedule and it is not a bug, but the heating panel does not have such feature.

However, with help from our developers I can provide you with some kind of workaround that should work (tested with a Room Sensor):

Please login or register to see this code.

The line that cuts out the RS from schedules will be needed since 4.152, until then the RS has to be outside the room that is included in any schedule.

The scene helps you to control linked LC to any RS - the setpoint chose on RS will be sent to the LCs.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

@T.Konopka

Thank you for the reply.

This Lua piece just sets the new set temperature according to the one set on the RS  for a predefined time interval of 2 hours. I already knew how to do that o.O

The question is:

Danfoss RS has the possibility to manually set the override time from the buttons.  For sure that override time is sent to HC2. It is at point 5 in the RS manual : "Override thermostat scheduler" and parameter 7 in the RS config page set to Enable.

How can i get that override schedule (which should be a number of hours) through LUA ? So i can actually send a correct value to the radiator valves, not a predefined value.

Regards

@Momos, we found out what is going on with time setting. The thing is that in thermostats we had for tests "command class schedule" has not been implemented in the same way. Each manufacture can implement this class as one wishes. This is problematic for users and for us to somehow unify the way of using this class in scenes and in schedule.

For now, it is not possible to set the time for override of a schedule from thermostats.

Now, we know how to check this and, if possible, try to implement this into the system - but we cannot guarantee when and how it will be implemented.

• Inquirer
  • @T.Konopka I'm glad that finally the problem is acknowledged.  Hope there will be a fix soon even thou i doubt it.  Fingers crossed ;)

Only if i knew this device was not fully implemented in HC2 before i bought 11 of them .... :(

Maybe as a piece of advice in the future when a device is declared supported in the release notes, make sure that it works 100% or write in the notes what is working and what not.

Thank you

• Inquirer
  • Finally i found a solution for this. Posting it here also in case anyone needs it :)