Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

So is the Fibaro Button working for anybody?

Ole

Question

I am about to throw my Fibaro Button in the bin. It may work once in 20-30 attempts, maybe. I just want to use it to turn lights on and off, but it almost never works, and I certainly can't switch them on and off again in the same evening.

Anyone @Fibaro with a solution to this or do I just throw it away? I am done trying to get it to work, it just annoys me to look at it.

18 minutes ago, pnutp0wer said:

I have two buttons running for 6 months, never had any issue it always recognizes the push as it needs to do. 

Out of interest, how long ago did you buy them?

I bought both mine when they were first released. I wonder if Fibaro improved them along the way.

Hi all,

I was having the same issues with 2 Fibaro Buttons. 

They would not register clicks, getting the message Transfer OK, batteries showing full, non-responsive, could not exclude them from HC2 etc.

After finding this discussion here and seeing that most people stopped using them i decided to take these buttons apart and see what could be the problem.

Well, i tried expanding the spring on the board of the button, like another guy suggested but that did not work me.

I noticed that the battery on both units was sitting too low in the housing.

I got the bottom battery spring out and expanded the bottom part of the spring. Put it back on the same alignment as it was.

That was it. That solved all the issues!!

Both buttons were included in HC2 from the first try.

Both of them consistently registered the clicks on HC2 - You could see 1X, 2X, 3X etc.

I assigned reactions and they both have been consistently working for 2 months now. They are used daily for lights and shutter control.

They did not even missed a single push. 

It seems like the battery was not properly making contact or it was making contact only when the button was pressed. That might explain why for many it does not register the first click, assuming that the device might be "sleeping".

I was so impressed that they work, let alone work as they should, as they never did from the beginning i got them.

As i am living in Cyprus and these were purchased from abroad, shipping them back was not really an option for me.

For anyone still reading this forum and has the same issues, give it a try before throwing away these Buttons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Interesting.  I have just raised up the bottom on the worst of my Buttons.  Will monitor to see if it makes it more reliable.

i thoguht i solved that mystery years ago, anyway: when one push them with quick hits instead of push, due to mechanical stress the spring might give up. Once there is no contact, and you push it down it becomes connected, the Button zwave controller simply starts up sending "awake, battery status" instead of push action. Afaik Fibaro replaced the springs later,  but of course you can still buy old batches, and even with better spring the physics can get you after some time of use.

So just from time to time, check the spring, that's all.

Well, and of course when you move it to different place, wake it up (6x click) before you use it.

Edited by tinman
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 9:25 AM, clowg said:

Interesting.  I have just raised up the bottom on the worst of my Buttons.  Will monitor to see if it makes it more reliable.

Let us know if that works for you. Would be glad to see these buttons out of everyone's drawers. :)

Well, 1 day in, the Button (which used to be hopeless and hardly ever work) has worked flawlessly! 

Probably about 6 on/off sequences successfully executed today. :)

• Like 1

W dniu 8.09.2023 o 19:57, GreyPaint napisał:

New button, tried to add, not registering anything on console

Check the battery.