Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Connecting Multiple Dimmers to one switch

nabilw

Question

I have multiple dimmer led strips in my living area which i need need to control as a single light but exceeding the load of dimmer 2. can i connect one light switch to 2 or 3 dimmer 2 module to control my lights.. all led light and dimmable drivers are of the same type. in other word can i use one light switch to control (send signal to) more than one fibaro dimmer 2 at the same time.

1 answer to this question

First something else. You say LED strips. Are they specified as dimmable? Do yu use a mains dimrer now? You have some datasheet? Are they 220v or 12v? With an adapter? I' am asking this because a RGBW module might be a better or even the only working solution. A link to the product datasheet might help to understand this. How many strips do you have and what is the total power?

If yu need two modules, because of power rating. I'd connect the switch wherever you want and use a (magic) scene to sync them

For RGBW one can buy extenders. But not for 220 V dimmers.