Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO
as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.
As a member you can:
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Follow topics and users to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages
- ... and learn a lot about our system!
Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team
Alex M 1
I have an Amazon Echo Dot and I've enabled the Fibaro Smart Home Skill and Fibaro Custom Skill.
I have a Home Center 2 set up.
I've installed my first Fibaro RGBW Controller today with existing RGBW LED Strip and I was looking forward to controlling it with Alexa from my Echo Dot..
The issue I have is that I can turn on/off and dim/brighten the LED strip (it starts by default on white color) but I can't seem to get the advanced commands to work.
For example, when I say "Alexa, ask Fibaro to activate Rainbow on LED Strip" (I've named the RGBW Controller as "LED Strip" on both HC2 and Alexa app), Alexa will tell me one of the following:
- LED Strip is turned on (LEd strip was already turned on)
- Wasn't able to turn on LED Strip (my LED strip is actually turned on during that time)
-> I have tried the above with the LED strip off as well, same outcome
- Having trouble communicating with the Fibaro Custom Skill (this is usually after I try the commands several times consecutively without any luck)
My RGBW Controller was added perfectly to the Z Wave network and Alexa discovered it easily but I can only turn on/off or adjust brightness through Alexa.
I would like to do the following:
- specify which color I want through Alexa
- ask to activate a program (Rainbow, etc.)
Can anyone help?
Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 answers to this question
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.