Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Single Switch 2 Gen5 with Association and Momentary switching

colhemm

Question

Hi, i bought the Fibaro Double Switch 2 Gen5 and a Fibaro Single Switch 2 Gen5 to control my hallway light.

I created an Association with Fibaro Single Switch to the  Fibaro Double Switch so I could control the Fibaro Double Switch S2 switch from the top of the stairs and from the bottom in my hallway.

When the  Fibaro Single Switch (The Transmitter) is set to toggle switching (Variable 20, 1byte dec, 1) it works ok,   but when I change it to Momentary (Variable 20, 1byte dec, 0) switching  It does not work (It does not turn light on or off) it's as if the Fibaro Double Switch does not receive the signal sent to it or ignores it?

Thanks for any help
Colin

2 answers to this question

Hi, joining the question

I was also about to move to momentery switches and I have also a couple of "pass through" switches (controlled from 2 places using associations)

Just tested my configuration with momentery switches - all works.

My devices installed this way:

WALL_1: Single Switch 2 - S1 - for LAMP_1, S2 - for association (Grop 4 multichannel) on LAMP_2

WALL_2: Single Switch 2 - S1 - for LAMP_2, S2 - for association (Grop 4 multichannel) on LAMP_1

This way I can control 2 lamps from both places

Confirming its working fine for me. Module firmware 3.2 There is firmware update 3.3 knocking in my door, but I am still hasitating to apply after troubles with Double Switch 2 on the same firmware.