Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion Sensor - unable to rename or allocate to room

Highlander

Question

Hi

I recently acquired the HC2 and am still finding my way around it. I have encountered an issue which I cannot find a solution for. Not sure if I did something wrong. I have added a Fibaro Motion Sensor. The adding part appears to go fine with all the components showing up under unallocated. (i.e the motionsensor, temperature etc). However they just have port nrs as names and when I select them, I am unable to rename or allocate to a room (both on general or advanced tabs.). The rooms drop down is empty and if I only type a new name and save, the screen just does the spinning circle and hangs. The sensor otherwise appears to work fine, returning temperature etc.

Would appreciate any suggestion on where it might be going wrong.

Regards

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi Srodka, Once I managed to get the Home Center upgraded to latest firmware, this issue resolved itself. Thanks