Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to control Curtains / Blinds

Vijay

Question

Hi,

I have Fibaro HC2 and google home. I connected them together. Lights works fine, but i dont know how to control the blinds / curtains.

I had a look at 

Please login or register to see this link.

This does not cover anything for blind / curtain. Any pointers on how this can be controlled? Whatever i try Fibaro agent keep on asking "which device"?

I tried "Switch On ...", Open <device> but none of them seem to work.

Regards, Vijay

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Hello, yesterday I contacted GoogleHome support on this issue and they responded, that they are not supporting blinds/shutters despite Fibaro official promo says so. Here search for FIBARO: 

only 

Partner Device

FIBARO

They said that they are officially contacting FIBARO to correct this. Anyway it seems unfinished as the word blinds/shutters is properly recognized but after it keeps asking on which door/window which are only open/close sensors... I tried to create primitive scene(complex scenes are filtered) but I can manage one blind per scene unable to work with a group of blinds per room for example. Neither able to set the level and lamels orientation in the same scene or triger another scene.. Anybody found the way around?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Now I use the "Routines" in alexa. Its simpler I feel. I created a routine "Close Curtain". Its easy to say this than saying "Alexa set curtain to 100 percent". And the 100 percent always confuses me. is it 100 percent open or 100 percent close?

you can make a scene for opening / closing the blinds, and then connect it throught GH routines (or IFTTT). 

Obviously,  that will be a fool's work to make it for every single percent...