Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 Locked Me Out (i'm the superuser)

krisstoff

Question

Hi all 

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. I was setting some new block scenes earlier and the HC2 seemed to crash, I just got the floating circles as if the interface was loading. So I went for a shower and then ended up going out. While I was out I got quite a few emails saying the IP address of my laptop had been blocked due to incorrect logins. So when I have got home I have tried to log back into the system. I was greeted with incorrect username/password. Which was very strange considering these are saved in my browser. So I had no choice but to reset my password. 

When I logged in, to my horror all of my devices have gone, and all of the scenes. I then realised that I have limited privileges. The password which I reset was for the superuser account (the only account on the home centre). But the HC2 has given me a standard user account instead?!

I can log into Fibaro ID.

I can log into the home centre but as a standard user. 

I have tried to log in with the old admin admin. 

No luck at all, I really don't want to rebuild my system. can anyone help? 

thanks in advance! 

4 answers to this question

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:49 AM, krisstoff said:

Hi all 

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. I was setting some new block scenes earlier and the HC2 seemed to crash, I just got the floating circles as if the interface was loading. So I went for a shower and then ended up going out. While I was out I got quite a few emails saying the IP address of my laptop had been blocked due to incorrect logins. So when I have got home I have tried to log back into the system. I was greeted with incorrect username/password. Which was very strange considering these are saved in my browser. So I had no choice but to reset my password. 

When I logged in, to my horror all of my devices have gone, and all of the scenes. I then realised that I have limited privileges. The password which I reset was for the superuser account (the only account on the home centre). But the HC2 has given me a standard user account instead?!

I can log into Fibaro ID.

I can log into the home centre but as a standard user. 

I have tried to log in with the old admin admin. 

No luck at all, I really don't want to rebuild my system. can anyone help? 

thanks in advance! 

Same with me. I've just logged a case with Fibaro.

Hi all, 

I rebooted, reset and factory wiped everything and it didn't help. 

Every time I logged in a lot of the functionality was lost that I was used too... Like:

* no back up or restoring functionality ;

* could not manage accounts;

* limited options to manage devices and scenes;

I solved the problem by changing (using) a different email address on the HC than previous. The new email was different to the ID / app login in. 

And, in the mean time I lodged a ticket with Fibaro... they got back to me quick but I have not been home to work through it with them.. but it's working with the new email in the HC2. 

I hope that helps but add to this thread if you are struggling.