Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Detects motion when there is none

amatt

Question

I have a fibaro motion sensor and it keeps detecting motion even though there is none about every 10 seconds.  turned off all scenes that interact with the motion sensor - still does the same thing. I restarted my HC2 - does the same thing. Motion sensor on latest firmware.

*the only time it stops for a while is when the lux in the room goes to 0. but then it will detect motion again.

**I do have the sensitivity really low, when I raise it above 20 it seams to go back to "normal" I don't want this at 20 rather it be 8-10. I have two other fibaro motion sensors set to 8-10 with no problems. 

@T.Konopka do you know what this could be? a bug?

5 answers to this question

One of my motion sensors kept doing the same thing! I tried to reconfigure, completely remove and add back again, nothing worked!!

I finally replaced the battery with a new one and all is working fine until now :-D

Hope that works for you!

It seems to be common problem of newer Fibaro motion sensors. You need to decrease sensitivity (increase parameter 1 value).

I had the same twice with one of the motion sensors with out of the box settings. The only thing configured is an association. First time I just removed the battery a couple of minutes and that worked. The second time it didn't work. I put the sensor in a box and kept detecting motion. I removed the sensor from Home Center. And re-added it like a new sensor and it works again. Fingers crossed.

When this happens I ask myself why I didn't buy neo coolcam for 1/3 of the price...

• Inquirer
  • I have re-added it more than.once. still does the same thing to this day. I read somewhere that there is an issue with the newer fibaro motion sensors. I did confirm that this is a newer one. as you can see in my screenshot both are in the same room but the one will not stop detecting motion even though there is no motion in the room.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This problem sounds very similar. I've struggled with this for some months. A new battery would provide the solution, according to some threads on the internet. Indeed, that has a positive effect, but did not solve my problem (constantly going from clear to detected every 15 seconds for 1 or 2 hours before eventually going to clear).

I've solved this problem by setting Parameter 3 from 1 --> 2. That did the trick and solved this problem for me completely.

Please login or register to see this attachment.