Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Temperature as a trigger

big_lynx

I have relatively simple automation to develop. If temperature is too low - switch on Wall-Plug. If too high - switch it off. I have three temperature sensor in disposal: "Motion Sensor", "CO Sensor", and Elgato Eve. I was trying several automatons with different sensors, IFs, WHENs, etc - no way. I am not able to control Wall-Plug using temperature value. Any idea to solve my issue?

Regards,

Tomek 

I have a scene for temperature sensor to turn on or off the wall plug. But i use a binary sensor with a temperature sensor. The motion, co sensors give not the actual temperature because the wakeup interval. 

But i wil share if you like the script but you need a different temperature sensor. 

• Topic Author
  • 52 minuty temu, Reinhold napisał:

I have a scene for temperature sensor to turn on or off the wall plug. But i use a binary sensor with a temperature sensor. The motion, co sensors give not the actual temperature because the wakeup interval. 

But i wil share if you like the script but you need a different temperature sensor. 

To be perfectly honest I don't really care about "actual temperature". The problem is that the temperature value on the sensor doesn't trigger an Automation. Simply not working. Whatever value is detected - is ignored.

Please share the script and tell the name of the temperature sensor if it is not a problem. Thank you!

Godzinę temu, tking napisał:

Try setting this automation from Eve app.

Conditions from Fibaro app don't work.

Hmmm? I have to test it for some time but it seems that this could be some workaround. At least something happened. Is ON - will see if it will go to OFF state also

@big_lynx

This is a part of the script that turns on or off my wall plug.

343 is the id of the temperature sensor and 300 is the id of my wall plug

I use far the temperature a universal sensor with Ds18b20 temperature sensors.

--[[
    %% autostart
    %% properties
    %% weather
    343 value
    %% events
    %% globals
    --]]

if fibaro:countScenes()>1
    then
    fibaro:abort()
    end

local sourceTrigger = fibaro:getSourceTrigger()
    function tempFunc()
    local HuidigeTijd = os.date("*t")
    local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger()

if ((tonumber(fibaro:getValue(343, "value")) < 19.5)
    then
    fibaro:call(300, "turnOn")
    elseif ((tonumber(fibaro:getValue(343, "value")) > 19.8)
    then
    fibaro:call(300, "turnOff")
    end

setTimeout(tempFunc, 5*60*1000)
    end

if (sourceTrigger["type"] == "autostart")
    then
    tempFunc()
    else

local currentDate = os.date("*t")
    local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger()

end

• Topic Author
  • @Reinhold

Thank you. Let me understand correctly the script and sorry for the newbie question - is it for native Fibaro Home Center device? Nothing dedicated for Apple homekit?

Yes this is for Fibaro, sorry i haven't seen that you are on apple home kit.

My mistake.

15 godzin temu, big_lynx napisał:

Hmmm? I have to test it for some time but it seems that this could be some workaround. At least something happened. Is ON - will see if it will go to OFF state also

Setting the automation with the conditions from the Fibaro application does not work (at least for me). I have a Fibaro motion sensor and I tried to set the automation triggered by a change in light intensity. After lighting the flashlight in the sensor, the reading from the sensor changed and the automation did not work. After removing this automation and setting the same from the Eve application, the same scenario activated automation. Since then, I have not set up any automation from Fibaro.
    With the Home app, unfortunately, it is impossible to set the automation based on the intensity of light or temperature, so Eve's application remains for such automations.

• Topic Author
  • @tking

It seems that Eve App also works for me. I am not sure if for all cases but at least for one not working on Fibaro - yes. What I am missing on Eve.App is IF conditions based on location (e.g. - I am at home)

You can define automation in Eve app, and after that add if conditions based on location in Apple Home app. It works.