Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Associated S2 on dimmer not synced with associated device

P Jonak

Question

Hi Fibaro experts,

I have been using my fibaro setup for a couple of years with mixed success. Some things work quite well and some, well not so well. Feels at times as if the software really isn't tested before it is released which is unfortunate. Anyway I still like what it can do so trying to live with the problem it causes.

However, this problem really annoys me  and must be fixable somehow so hoping someone out there has a clever answer for it.

One of the setups I have today:

1 fibaro dimmer 2 in the hallway

1 fibaro dimmer 2 in the kitchen

The dimmer in the kitchen is associated with the hallway dimmer so that S2 is able to control the light in the hallway. This works fine as long as I always control it from the kitchen. So if I press once the hallway lights up and if i press another time the hallway goes dark, just as expected. However, If I press once on S2 in the kitchen and then switch it off in the hallway (with the wall switch i have there) the control in the kitchen looses sync why i need to press it twice to light it up again.

So what happens is that the kitchen dimmer works fine as long as I don't use the wall switch connected to the hallway dimmer. If I do then the dimmer in the kitchen 

Case 1:

1. activate S2 in Kitchen > Hallway lights up.

2. activate S2 in kitchen again > Hallway goes dark

Case 2:

1. activate S2 in Kitchen > Hallway lights up.

2. activate S1 in hallway > Hallway goes dark

3. activate S2 in kitchen again > Nothing happens (reason is because the kitchen dimmer tries to shut down the hallway light as it wasn't aware that i already killed the light via the hallway dimmer)

4. if i then press S2 in the kitchen again the light in the hallway lights up again.

A small thing but oh so irritating. There must be something I am missing as I have the same functionality in my walk in closet  and my bedroom. However,  with the difference that i there have a dimmer 2 in the bedroom and a dimmer 1 in the walk in closet. For some reason these two devices sync perfectly and work seamlessly together.

Anyone out there that has the same setup? Have you been able to solve it?

/Peter

Edited by P Jonak

6 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Yes, using momentary switches for all my Fibaro dimmers throughout the house. Mostly using both S1 to control the primary light but also S2 to control another light either in the room or in the room closest to it.

22 godziny temu, P Jonak napisał:

Yes, using momentary switches for all my Fibaro dimmers throughout the house. Mostly using both S1 to control the primary light but also S2 to control another light either in the room or in the room closest to it.

I think you should do another association:

Hallway assosiation group 2 -> MultiChannel Kitchen S2 (device XX.2, where XX is your device ID)

So when you press S1 in Hallway, it will inform Kitchen about it's state (on/off).

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • @grave, you just made my day!

Associating the dimmers with S2 on the secondary controller solved my problem. Really appreciate your help on this as this was really driving me nuts!

I have recently raised some related questions on Dimmer associations in this thread: 

It was posted in the HC2 forum, since I considered the questions to be on associations in general, not the Dimmer specifically. But I repost here, to attract attention to other aspects of S2 associations. Maybe @grave 's suggestions are relevant in my case too? Please have a look and see what you think.

Could you explain what exactly solved the problem for you. I've had this issue for years now. But I can't seem to associate a module to S2 of another module. I only have the device listed. (not one as xx.2) I'm using HC2 of Fibaro. I can open de xx.2 device and see the S2 remain ON as je master is switched off. So I definitely have the same problem. Hope to hear from you after these years :)

Regards,

Rik