Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant and normal alarm

SmartHomeEddy

Question

I want to connect my normal alarm with my Fibaro Homecenter 2. I think the Smart Implant can do the trick and I have bought some 12 volt relais to support the Smart Implant because the Smart Implant can’t switch high outputs and is restricted tot 0 - 10 volt. The relais can switch a sabotage loop (normally closed), so the normal alarm will be breached.

The functions I first want to achieve are:

If my Fibaro Homecenter detects alarm, my normal alarm will be breached and the normal sirene and light signals turn on (etcetera)

If my normal alarm is breached, my Fibaro Homecenter will send push messages (etcetera)

And in the future I want to:

Turn my normal alarm on and off with my Fibaro Homecenter

I can give power to the Smart Implant (P red / GND blue) from my normal alarm

The relais can also be given power from the normal alarm. The relais has an input with requires a 12 volt signal.

Question: How can I give the relais the 12 volt signal with de Smart Implant?

Diagram Smart Implant:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Relais:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_03/relais.png.017090d9d491823e2269ec70e69a4d7b.png" alt="relais.png.017090d9d491823e2269ec70e69a4d7b.png" />

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • The Smart Implant can switch up till  150mA and the inputs only up to 10 volt. My normal alarm delivers 12 volt. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

These are the input and output I can choose from:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_03/alarm-print.png.8f197ab02644497d21e0eae6b63c422c.png" alt="alarm-print.png.8f197ab02644497d21e0eae6b63c422c.png" />

To trigger the Smart Implant I can use for instance the sirene output. But that gives me 12 volt. 

To trigger the normal alarm I can use the sabotage loop. 

I think the inputs and outputs are somewhat standard for all normal alarms. 

@SmartHomeEddy okay, as you did not provide me with the branch and type nr, there is not much i can do to tell you how to do it.

but,

sabatoge is not used to create a alarm,  using the sirene is a good idea, connect the relais to the 12v sirene output and connect a ubs to the relais.

be aware that not all alarm type will trigger the sirene and also the sirene is only on for a couple of seconds/minutes and then you're system (fibaro) will think alarm is over.

• Inquirer
  • I’m using a Smart Implant, not a UBS. To trigger the Smart Implant, I just have to connect ground to the IN1 (or IN2)?