Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 Failure Recovery mode

maharadja82

Question

Good day, 

Is anybody facing the same problem like me? I will appreciate if you have any suggestion on this topic.

I am trying to recover my HC2, but always I reach the following stage: black screen with text "Fibaro Home Center Recovery" and nothing else that I can do....

My IP is set by default to 192.168.81.1

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

Hi, read the manual recovery!

Set IP of computer see picture

connect pc with cable on HC2

change in HC2 to IP adres fit in your local network

Succes

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the advise, but apparently this is something that needs to be done by Fibaro support!

I tried everything possible and described in the manuals and internet, but nowhere I found such text on black screen.

I hope that soon I will have a success.... hopefully

On 3/19/2019 at 11:47 PM, maharadja82 said:

Thanks for the advise, but apparently this is something that needs to be done by Fibaro support!

I tried everything possible and described in the manuals and internet, but nowhere I found such text on black screen.

I hope that soon I will have a success.... hopefully

Did you finally got the recovery panel? I am hitting the same black screen and can't get past it. 

If you have fixed it, please advise how you did it so I can give that a try. Thanks!

• Inquirer
  • I sent the HC2 for repair in Poland. They found out that the motherboard was damaged. I few months later they send it back... After multiple attempts to contact the repair team. However, their Telephone support is really good. So do not waste time and call them.

Another thing that we found out is ... if the BIOS battery is low, HC2 is booting and restarting.... the blue lights are in start-up mode, but then restart again and again. This is because of the BIOS battery.

I hope I was helpful

Just now, maharadja82 said:

I sent the HC2 for repair in Poland. They found out that the motherboard was damaged. I few months later they send it back... After multiple attempts to contact the repair team. However, their Telephone support is really good. So do not waste time and call them.

Another thing that we found out is ... if the BIOS battery is low, HC2 is booting and restarting.... the blue lights are in start-up mode, but then restart again and again. This is because of the BIOS battery.

I hope I was helpful

Thanks for the feedback and I hope I won't have to send it for repair as 70% of my home is Fibaro dependent. I can ping my HC so that gives me hope that it's reachable...

Were you able to ping or access it through terminal before finally sending it to Poland? 

I'll be calling them tomorrow as they don't work during the weekend (which is something I'll suggest because people homes are depending on their devices 24x7).

Thanks so much!