Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Siren Gen 6

MarcoTorino71

Question

3 hours ago, chicken said:

If it is a problem with the usb connected controller (hardware), Fibaro could sell a replacement.

no Fibaro can't, the HC2 has been certified as is, any extra hardware means new EMV, CE, zwave certification.

But I understand that they prefer to make more money with a complete new hardware.

Home Assistant need hardware / stick, both together costs the same as HC3L, which is z-wave certified at least.

But I am willing to learn from you and will ask you a question now: what do you think is the reason that progression in Z-Wave standards cannot be implemented in Fibaro systems but can be implemented in Open Source systems like Home Assistant with also never changed controller hardware?

Nobody is stopping you from installing different linux distribution on HC2, inserting zwave stick and installing Home Assistant. Fibaro as manufacturer simply can't, compare that to cars, no manufacturer will attach new engine, and re-market old model, only because wheels are still ok. When you using Home Assistant, tell me, how many Raspis / hardware did you tested / replaced already? 

On 11/22/2021 at 12:28 AM, tinman said:

any extra hardware means new EMV, CE, zwave certification.

Okay, that makes sense. Somehow.

Home Assistant need hardware / stick, both together costs the same as HC3L, which is z-wave certified at least.

Nope. Check what a Raspi and a stick costs: You won't have to pay much more than about 60 Euros. Maybe 80, but that would be already very high. The advantage is, that you are able to upgrade the software whenever needed and you won't be excluded from using hardware like this Aeotec Doorbell 6.

compare that to cars, no manufacturer will attach new engine, and re-market old model, only because wheels are still ok.

Hmmm... Probably not engines, but they sell software upgrades and hardware extensions.

When you using Home Assistant, tell me, how many Raspis / hardware did you tested / replaced already? 

I am using Home Assistant for some years now. I never exchanged any hardware during this time. Actually I am using Home Assistant on a Xen virtual machine based on Arch Linux. The host system is a small SoC desktop computer (about 350 Euros 5 years ago) based on Gentoo Linux, which I also use for telephony (FreePBX on a separate VM), for a Samba Domain Controller and File Server (also VM) and a Bareos Backup System. All data lies on RAID1 SSDs. A few weeks ago, I exchanged the old (deprecated) Z-Wave software with zwave-js. Everything works even faster now, though it was much faster than this Fibaro UI already before. Without cloud necessitation - I am using OpenVPN instead. And - as already mentioned - without any hardware replacements or upgrades.

Edited by chicken

Need some help, please, I cannot make this Siren 6 work on HC2....the way I want.

I have added the device and somehow it works, each tone as a different device. Press on ON to dingdong, siren 6 plays a dingdong tone.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_04/devices.JPG.74e18cd249d2fc48a425bbc191380331.JPG" />

Now I am trying to add those sounds to a scene and play the sound while scene is triggered, but somehow it doesn't work...

I have tested the same scene with a light switch, works OK...but not with this devices.

scene.JPG.ec13aa006cc113067d7c03d13c264a79.JPG

Does anybody has any idea what could be wrong with the way the devices are configured or with the scene? I have the feeling is something very simple from here on, but despite several attempts, could not make it work.

This is how the device looks like.

device.JPG.f50a2519aaa515718977eec630a59b14.JPG

PS: I have tried also both virtual devices on this topic, neither worked for me, I do everything as per the instructions, play the button...nothing.

Any help is welcome :) .

Edited by skywalker

I use a small Lua script on the HC2 to play a ding dong when the door opens. 

Please login or register to see this code.

So the "dingdong" is device 55 on my setup and the door is device 48. 

thanks for the idea. Tested, not working for me even if I put my door sensor and my dingdong device, was ringing on play of scene but not on door opening...

Anyway, I used your code (thank you again! :)and did the following scene, which is now triggered together with the push notifications, works OK, meaning on breach, the alarm starts to ring (whichever alarm device I select). Now the big question would be how to have it ringing until alarm is disabled, like this plays only for 15 seconds and....that's it. Any idea how to proceed with this? Maybe put something like break 15 seconds and then, if not disabled in the meantime, ring again? this would be a good compromise, I think....But how can I stop the scene when I disable the alarm? 

--[[
%% autostart
%% properties
48 value
%% weather
%% events
%% globals
--]]

if (fibaro:countScenes()>1) then
    fibaro:debug('There can be only one!');
    fibaro:abort(); 
end 

local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();

fibaro:call(234, "turnOn")
  fibaro:sleep(15000)
  fibaro:call(234, "turnOff")

W dniu 12.04.2022 o 18:13, skywalker napisał:

thanks for the idea. Tested, not working for me even if I put my door sensor and my dingdong device, was ringing on play of scene but not on door opening...

Anyway, I used your code (thank you again! :)and did the following scene, which is now triggered together with the push notifications, works OK, meaning on breach, the alarm starts to ring (whichever alarm device I select). Now the big question would be how to have it ringing until alarm is disabled, like this plays only for 15 seconds and....that's it. Any idea how to proceed with this? Maybe put something like break 15 seconds and then, if not disabled in the meantime, ring again? this would be a good compromise, I think....But how can I stop the scene when I disable the alarm? 

--[[
%% autostart
%% properties
48 value
%% weather
%% events
%% globals
--]]

end 

Any solution how to loop ringing alarm until disabled?

On 1/5/2023 at 9:54 PM, ultimatum said:

Any solution how to loop ringing alarm until disabled?

Not on my side, I just let it away after some ringing started overnight due to some electric off/on in the area for few seconds...

back with this topic.

anybody has any idea how can we repeat the alarm (maybe with some breaks of few seconds) until is disarmed ?

And I have another issue that I would like to solve: not to have the alarm ringing on fibaro reboot ! UPS does not keep long (a lot of equipment) and if fibaro dies, on restart it starts the alarm, during the night this is an issue that can create emotions...Basically I would like to ring ONLY if alarm is on and sensor is breached. Can anybody help me on this?

The code of the scene is inspired from @SmartHomeEddy, as already stated :) :

--[[
%% autostart
%% properties
48 value
%% weather
%% events
%% globals
--]]

end 

@skywalker Another user had a similar case about how long the aeotec sirene6 alarm sound should, run in an alarm situation. Look

Please login or register to see this link.

I don't have the issue with sirene6 alarm sound going on, when the fibaro homecenter is rebooting. 

Just an idea, not sure if this helps, turn down the volume of sound number two to zero (0). This is the temper alarm sound.

Edited by Fabir

@Fabir Thank you.

I cannot find where could I set the volume of sound no.2 to zero. Can you please detail a little bit? I cannot (meaning I don't know how to ) modify the sound level on any of the siren6 sounds..

@skywalker Below the settings for my sound 2 tamper sound. The tamper sensor is very sensitive. My sirene6 tamper alarm sartet even when I quickly walked nearby. First I wanted to turn off the tamper sensor, bud  I didn't find this setting. But then I could mute the tamper sound.

Please login or register to see this attachment.