Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home center 3 available to order now

McGreggor

Question

Just got the email today, vesternet have the home center 3 available to order!  £525 delivered once stock is available.  No word on how long that might be though.  

Here's my referral link for anyone considering buying from vesternet to get £10 off:

Please login or register to see this link.

?

Mine is on order, week post an update on my initial thoughts once it's installed.

5 hours ago, TN92 said:

Is the IP Camera support improved? Does it support H264 and H265 now?

Sadly, no. Copied from the HC3 manual: 

Supported cameras: Your camera must use MJPEG video compression format! H.264, H.265, RTSP, and other streaming formats are not supported!

I would be very interesting in having a real HC3 thread in the forum so that it can be discussed.  the HC3 comes very timely since I just is about considering leaving Fibaro to finally get better compatibility with other technologies and protocols. 

But to stay I must say it is so important to ensure a smooth upgrade from HC2 to HC3, but also that it comes to market very very soon....

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

i want to buy, but at the moment i have a hc2 with 150-200 modules and i dont want to exclude all modules from hc2 and include in the hc3.

but the warnings from the customers are nice:

Warning 1 (4.2.2020):

The device currently supports Z-Wave Plus, WiFi / LAN protocols.

Warning 2 (4.2.2020):

The Zigbee, Bluetooth LE, 433MHz, and 868MHz protocols are not fully software implemented at this time, so devices working with these protocols cannot be added. The hardware chips of individual communication protocols are physically present in the device.

Warning 3 (4.2.2020):

There is no way to migrate from Home Center 2 or Home Center Lite to Home Center 3 yet (not possible by transferring backup or Gateway connection). You have to manually exlude your Z-Wave devices from HC2 or HCL and include them into HC3.

LUA scenes in HC3 have a different syntax to HC2.

Virtual Devices from HC2/HCL cannot be transferred to HC3, as HC3 brought so-called QuickApps instead of Virtual Devices.

Warning 4 (4.2.2020):

The device does not currently support authorized S2 security.

Warning 5 (4.2.2020):

Slovak Language partly available, we are working on translation.

can you say what is with alexa??

is it still the old method with the fibaro skill?

22 minutes ago, ctyd said:

Yes, that sums it up nicely... I have one and I can confirm those warnings.

Edited by petergebruers

55 minutes ago, ctyd said:

Aren't those warning from Slovak distributor site Smarterhome?

39 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Aren't those warning from Slovak distributor site Smarterhome?

Yes, these warnings are from us.

Edited by SmarterHOME

3 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

I don't read any warning about having HC2/HCL as slave of HC3, does it mean that there is nothing to warn ? 

Currently, there is no possibility to have HC2/HCL as slave of HC3. Gateway connection (in HC3) only works with another HC3. Maybe this will be solved in some software update.

• Thanks 1

Thank you @SmarterHOME for your statement, it makes now things clear to all regarding this function. I've already order one, but definitively having nearly 200 devices and many scenes, my migration route will be fun, i'll  keep smiling as we are just talking about HA and only few thousens of euros not even twenty or maby a little more (sarcasism off) , I now just hope that it will keep the promess. I'll give it one chance, as I was not oblidge to buy nor to migrate... 
Last question to make my day, can somebody tell me if the satel module has been delivered in this 1st version of the firmware?

Edited by Tony270570

23 minutes ago, SmarterHOME said:

Currently, there is no possibility to have HC2/HCL as slave of HC3. Gateway connection (in HC3) only works with another HC3. Maybe this will be solved in some software update.

Hence I think a lot of users will not jump to upgrade and wait till there is a clearly defined and working route to upgrade from HC2/HCL to HC3. It is a missed opportunity that this isn't provided. I hope not for too long..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

Thank you @SmarterHOME for your statement, it makes now things clear to all regarding this function. I've already order one, but definitively having nearly 200 devices and many scenes, my migration route will be fun, i'll  keep smiling as we are just talking about HA and only few thousens of euros not even twenty or maby a little more (sarcasism off) , I now just hope that it will keep the promess. I'll give it one chance, as I was not oblidge to buy nor to migrate... 
Last question to make my day, can somebody tell me if the satel module has been delivered in this 1st version of the firmware?

If you are already determined to migrate to HC3, at this point it would be definitely fun :). At your place I would recommend to wait a little.

Yes, there is satel integration build in this firmware of HC3. Current firmware version is 5.020.60. I have not tested it yet, cause I do not have Satel alarm at dispose.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by SmarterHOME

2 minutes ago, rajp said:

I hope not for too long..

On the short term, Fibaro plans what I would call a "controller move", kind of swapping all your devices from HC2 to HC3. It is not in beta test yet. I am volunteering for that. But keep in mind... Neither scenes nor VDs are compatible... It is not a migration.

On the longer term, they told me they'll enable HC3 - HC2 gateway.

• Like 1

hey hey, ok good starting point it was unclear if it was part of the firmware from the begining or not. Ok now i'm an happy man (joke off) :) 

Thank's again @SmarterHOME,  I'll get my new toy by saturday, but before it rolls out into production for sure i'll wait, but at least i'll have something to play with, and it's cool ;)

cheers !

@petergebruers honestly i don't care about excluding / including my modules in the new machine at least it will be a clean install and personnaly prefer it. I can also fully understand that the code migration is not easy not to say really complicated, but giving a chance in having the HC2 as beeing a slave gives from IMHO some possibilities. I've several HC2 and already did migrations from one to another with very few impacts not to say none. right now  I have no clue how to talk about migration without talking about a big bang. Ok I'll remain positive as I'm not felling alone, we are all in the sam boat ... aren't we? 

Edited by Tony270570

1 minute ago, Tony270570 said:

hey hey, ok good starting point it was unclear if it was part of the firmware from the begining or not. Ok now i'm an happy man (joke off) :) 

Thank's again @SmarterHOME,  I'll get my new toy by saturday, but before it rolls out into production for sure i'll wait, but at least i'll have something to play with, and it's cool ;)

cheers !

You are welcome. If something comes to your mind regarding HC3 before Saturday (what I can check or test), let me know and I will do my best to answer you :)

@petergebruers Thank you for sharing information with us. Regarding "controller move" as you call it, is it something like Z-Wave Transfer controller or is it something whole new? Could you tell us something more technical, please?

• Thanks 1

anybody can testing the alexa compatibility? is it like the old system with the skill? or is something new?

43 minutes ago, ctyd said:

anybody can testing the alexa compatibility? is it like the old system with the skill? or is something new?

As far as I know nothing changed there.