Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home center 3 available to order now

McGreggor

Question

Just got the email today, vesternet have the home center 3 available to order!  £525 delivered once stock is available.  No word on how long that might be though.  

Here's my referral link for anyone considering buying from vesternet to get £10 off:

Please login or register to see this link.

?

Mine is on order, week post an update on my initial thoughts once it's installed.

Is the IP Camera support improved? Does it support H264 and H265 now?

HC3 looks good so far, however it really needs to support Homekit, iPad app and Honeywell Lyric thermostat integration. Thanks Fibaro!

19 hours ago, SmarterHOME said:

Currently, there is no possibility to have HC2/HCL as slave of HC3. Gateway connection (in HC3) only works with another HC3. Maybe this will be solved in some software update.

If I could keep my 2xhc2 as slaves and use 1x HC3 as a master I would seriously consider upgrading. 

I see my HC3 is now shipped :)  I'll probably have it on Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

47 minutes ago, robw said:

I see my HC3 is now shipped :)  I'll probably have it on Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Where to buy it now? ?

I ordered from a company in Sweden, Kjell.com. The online store availability of the HC3 changes a lot. A few weeks ago it was available for online order. Then the dates changed to 2:nd february, then I got mail that it would arrive in the middle of February. Yesterday I got mail that it was sent, and I could start track my package, and indeed, it was sent. Yesterday evening the HC3 was not available at order at all, and now this morning the site says 1 is available on the online store.. Looking forward to Monday/Tuesday when mine arrives! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robw said:

I ordered from a company in Sweden, Kjell.com. The online store availability of the HC3 changes a lot. A few weeks ago it was available for online order. Then the dates changed to 2:nd february, then I got mail that it would arrive in the middle of February. Yesterday I got mail that it was sent, and I could start track my package, and indeed, it was sent. Yesterday evening the HC3 was not available at order at all, and now this morning the site says 1 is available on the online store.. Looking forward to Monday/Tuesday when mine arrives! :)

?? thanks.

Hi, 

I'm curious about the Zigbee compatibility. Some sensors like Xiaomi Aqua can be really interesting to integrate. Do you know if it's possible ?

6 minutes ago, Riniack said:

Do you know if it's possible ?

Sure, as soon as they release fimware support for zigbee. The HC3 ships with a zigbee controller chip, but with Z-Wave support only. Zigbee support is "planned".

Edited by petergebruers
  • Like 1

i'd rather see a good hue, Ikea tradfri and plugwise plugin, why? because i like to have the latest updates for my devices.

6 minutes ago, akatar said:

i'd rather see a good hue, Ikea tradfri and plugwise plugin, why? because i like to have the latest updates for my devices.

I agree, if you wanted me to sumrnarize zigbee fw updates in one line. But imho zigbee fw update is a complicated story. Like you say, if you wanted me to summarize it, the situation is not much better than with Z-Wave. I mean, some manufacturers release frequent updates (eg Ikea) while others don't (eg xiaomi). Ikea can be upgraded through 3d parties (eg conbee) while recent Hue bulbs have app + phone + bluetooth. So, yeah, to make sure you have latest firmware buying the hub is a safe bet. On the other hand, I quickly moved to zigbee2mqtt to get red of vendor lock in. I do have an Ikea bridge, I keep it... for updates. I don't own Hue bridge, but I have xiaomi zigbee/bt hub. The mi bt devices don't require a hub, the app on your phone can update those devices.

40 minutes ago, Riniack said:

I'm curious about the Zigbee compatibility. Some sensors like Xiaomi Aqua can be really interesting to integrate. Do you know if it's possible ?

I advice you to do your research and follow this forum, to make sure the product meets your expectations.

There is no "easy migration". This post on page back is a starting point, it lists what works and what doesn't:

And this one:

• Like 1

Thanks @petergebruers. I'm aware of what you mentionned. My question is more in term of visibility for future integrations capabilities (aka roadmap)for ZigBee devices. I feel that only few zigbee devices will be recognized in the future by the HC3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riniack said:

I feel that only few zigbee devices will be recognized in the future by the HC3.

Sure! It is a valid concern, and I wanted to point out, right now, there is no Zigbee at all, so we are not even talking about compatibility just jet... If you want 100% certainty that device X will work that is simply impossible. That will only become clear after Fibaro enables Zigbee. By that time, Zigbee Alliance will already have published new specifications... On the other hand, Aqara door sensor for example are very, very basic devices, probably won't get any protocol updates so probably backwards compatible.

They (Fibaro) have never, ever posted a roadmap so I don't think you will get clear answers.

If you want me to use my crystal ball: HC3 will first support "Light Link" - because that is the No1 where Zigbee offers plenty of devices and Z-Wave is weak.

And if I polish up my crystal ball I can even see "MQTT" support arriving at some point (either natively or because people write Lua code for it, there is already code for HC2 on this forum) so you can always run Zigbee on a cheap SBC and migrate when Zigbee on HC3 is ready. I hear you say... yeah, but when I do that I have an SBC so why still buy HC3? Well, that is something with many pros and cons...

As far as I can tell, there are no plans to integrate any of the Xiaomi hubs. I don't know about Ikea hub.