Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Quick Apps questions

tcviper

Question

Hello ?

If I want to make a Quick App (VD) with 2 buttons, what is the command to call for a http line?

So when button 1 is pressed I want deviceid XX to turn on ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, jgab said:

You use net.httpClient

Ah, thank's! :) Will test!

Edit: I'm (a non-coder), and I'm trying to wrap my head around this, but I fail. Should the "sendir [ircode]" be some kind of code in the button itself, or should it be posted through the main? Here is a link about how it was done in VD's: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Grateful for any "QuickApps for Dummies"-help :)

Edited by robw

Guest rafal_ll
W dniu 12.02.2020 o 10:30, petergebruers napisał:

I am not sure if I understand the question, but I can say additional buttons are not working in the app right now, Fibaro is working on new HC firmware and app with bugfixes. But the main function (eg on/off of a binary switch quick app) should work.

Is this what you want to do?

"Quick App" has been mentioned a few times so maybe a quick teaser to demonstrate what it can do, and show one of the main differences compared with VD. Such a QA can represent a device, for example a "binary switch" or "multilevel switch". You write lua code to set on/off state and respond to on/off requests. It behaves like a "real" (eg Z-Wave) switch and that was not possible with VD on HC2 (you could add "ON/OFF" labels and text but it was always a VD and not a switch). It will show on the app as eg a light or a switch (it is configurable).

Sorry for the crappy camera work, I am not a "youtuber" at all ;)

Tinkerers will recognize what I am doing here but for everyone else... What you see is a small module with a blue LED. It runs a web server and accepts on and off commands. On the left you'll see me click the "quick app" in the HC3 BUI and the LED will follow. On the right hand side, I have the web interface of that module. When I toggle the device there, the Quick App will toggle. You'll see a slight delay because in this case I "poll" the on/off state once every 3 seconds.

I didn't film the Fibaro App on my phone, but I did test it and that red/green button updates and controls the device.

To be on the safe side, the buttons you added don't work in the app, it is a bug/limitation and Fibaro knows about it. This is going to confuse many users, I hope a fix will land soon...

Can you make some extra power reading for this device.
This example is very cool

W dniu 12.02.2020 o 11:41, petergebruers napisał:

Forgot to attach my example code... Credit wehre credit due, this code is the result of a cooperation of @AutoFrank, @petergebruers and some rework done by Fibaro, which is to say the main issue right now is lack of proper documentation of FQA aka "Fibaro Quick Apps"...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hello,

I'm total noob in HA, lua, and coding...

I've modified Your VD to work with my Shelly 2.5,  but I don't know how to add authorization (without, VD works) and send power consumption (already readed from shelly) to Fibaro. Can anyone help me with it?

Edited by michal85pl

hi 

hello everyone 
please help
how to write the lines in "quick appl" ?

Please login or register to see this code.

tks tks tks

1 hour ago, CharlesO said:

hi 

hello everyone 
please help
how to write the lines in "quick appl" ?

tks tks tks

There is a TCP example at the end of the Fibaro QuickApp documentation 

Edited by jgab

1 hour ago, CharlesO said:

hi 

hello everyone 

Hi @CharlesO,

i see you are busy with Logitech :-D Did you happen to make TTS for Logitech?

yes ?

squeezebox 

thank you
but I have already seen the link

and I don't understand too much.
is it possible that they help me and that they convert me just it's 4 lines and I continue on my own. pls

Hi @CharlesO,

here a code snippet that works:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I'm also busy with with Squeezebox, but my question was: Did you happen to make TTS with HC2?

adding the function connect()

and the function waitForResponse()

Edited by Bodyart
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CharlesO said:

tks !!!!!!!

I hope it helps a bit to get you further :-D

Enjoy coding :-D

Did you happen to make TTS with HC2?

this :?

whit GEA

3 hours ago, CharlesO said:

Did you happen to make TTS with HC2?

No, i didn't succeed (yet)

Unfortunately i don't know GEA because I'm using the FTBE from @Sankotronic for HC2. For HC3 I'm using own Timers QA. :-)
I will try to translate your GEA rule to my HC2 VD :-)

Hi

Bodyart look this :

and what is the Timers QA for HC3 ?  (For HC3 I'm using own Timers QA)

tks

Edited by CharlesO

Hi @CharlesO,

i'm affraid it wount help, because it's a big mess at the moment and not working. It's in fact the TCP example from the manual + a bunch of code copied from @Krikroff his Sonos zone controller...

At the moment it's totaly useless. Ofcourse I will send it to you and gladly share it as soon some basic functions work.

18 hours ago, CharlesO said:

Hi

Bodyart look this :

and what is the Timers QA for HC3 ?  (For HC3 I'm using own Timers QA)

tks

Hi @CharlesO,

if I understand it correctly, then that posting is a solution for Sonos, not for Logitech ?

On 2/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, petergebruers said:

I am not sure if I understand the question, but I can say additional buttons are not working in the app right now, Fibaro is working on new HC firmware and app with bugfixes. But the main function (eg on/off of a binary switch quick app) should work.

Is this what you want to do?

"Quick App" has been mentioned a few times so maybe a quick teaser to demonstrate what it can do, and show one of the main differences compared with VD. Such a QA can represent a device, for example a "binary switch" or "multilevel switch". You write lua code to set on/off state and respond to on/off requests. It behaves like a "real" (eg Z-Wave) switch and that was not possible with VD on HC2 (you could add "ON/OFF" labels and text but it was always a VD and not a switch). It will show on the app as eg a light or a switch (it is configurable).

Sorry for the crappy camera work, I am not a "youtuber" at all ;)

Tinkerers will recognize what I am doing here but for everyone else... What you see is a small module with a blue LED. It runs a web server and accepts on and off commands. On the left you'll see me click the "quick app" in the HC3 BUI and the LED will follow. On the right hand side, I have the web interface of that module. When I toggle the device there, the Quick App will toggle. You'll see a slight delay because in this case I "poll" the on/off state once every 3 seconds.

I didn't film the Fibaro App on my phone, but I did test it and that red/green button updates and controls the device.

To be on the safe side, the buttons you added don't work in the app, it is a bug/limitation and Fibaro knows about it. This is going to confuse many users, I hope a fix will land soon...

Hi,

any chance to get esp8266 ino-file?

22 hours ago, Repe said:

any chance to get esp8266 ino-file?

Oh, that was only something I wrote to demo the capabilities of ESP + FQA, it is not production quality code... If you want to control LEDs then I recommend WLED:

For sensors and (low voltage) relays have a look at Tasmota