Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Homekit support via Homebridge

mbnn

Question

For those looking for Homekit support with HC3, Ilcato has released the Fibaro Homebridge plugin for the HC3:

Please login or register to see this link.

If you have a Synology, go checkout this handy package: 

Includes GUI for Homebridge, installs on your Synology NAS and you can easily add plugins like the Fibaro HC3 ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mbnn said:

For those looking for Homekit support with HC3, Ilcato has released the Fibaro Homebridge plugin for the HC3:

If you have a Synology, go checkout this handy package: 

Includes GUI for Homebridge, installs on your Synology NAS and you can easily add plugins like the Fibaro HC3 ?

Yes, I saw this about a week ago, I am just finishing configuring everything. So far so good. Not all features are working yet as the plugin for HC3 is in early development, but I'm happy things are working quite well!

• Like 1

Hi,

Does it mean that with this Plugin, I can use devices connected on the HC3 through l'app Apple Home ? (I am novice ;-))

Thanks,

Seb

On 8/22/2020 at 4:08 PM, Sebveto said:

Hi,

Does it mean that with this Plugin, I can use devices connected on the HC3 through l'app Apple Home ? (I am novice ;-))

Thanks,

Seb

Yes... :)

• Inquirer
  • All devices in your HC3 will show up in Homekit with this plugin yes, just read the readme!

Thanks a lot. Works on raspberry pi with Homebridge installed.

Surprisingly, I've added a lot of my home stuff. Very happy. Thank You!

My question remains. I can control Fibaro devices from Homekit, however I cannot control devices connected to Homekit from Fibaro app. That's a question - maybe not for You, but ot Fibaro guys.

Edited by Enriquez

• Inquirer
  • No you cannot do it the other way :) I also dont see why you would want that. 
    You usually choose 1 main platform that you control everything with, either put all devices in Fibaro (plugins/virtual) or use Homekit and control all there.

Looking for some help and ideas, having a problem connecting the HOOBS plugin with HC3 - getting an error like cannot read property “name” of null.

I have it setup as recommended i think, and dont see anything obvious. Any thoughts what i could try next?

Full error below from logs

[HC3-00002499] Error getting data from Home Center: TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null at Function.createShadowAccessory (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/shadows.js:102:68) at /home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:148:61 at Array.map (<anonymous>) at FibaroHC3.LoadAccessories (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:145:17) at FibaroHC3.<anonymous> (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:106:22) at Generator.next (<anonymous>) at fulfilled (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:38:58) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 (node:637) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at Function.createShadowAccessory (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/shadows.js:102:68)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at /home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:148:6101/12/2020, 16:25:40 at Array.map (<anonymous>)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at FibaroHC3.LoadAccessories (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:145:17)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at FibaroHC3.<anonymous> (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:106:22)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at Generator.next (<anonymous>)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at fulfilled (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:38:58)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 (node:637) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see

(rejection id: 1)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 (node:637) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

• Inquirer
  • Did you go through these readme files? 

In the admin interface of the HC3 you have to create a new (local) user and password purely for the homebridge part. and assign the devices you want to show up to that login.

@mbnn - thanks for the help. I did read the readme files and think I followed all the steps there. However, I missed where it said I needed a new local user account so thanks for that.

I've created a local account, selected a few devices and rebooted HOOBS but get the same error ?

here's what I have configured 

{
                "plugin_map": {
                    "plugin_name": "homebridge-fibaro-hc3"
                },
                "platform": "FibaroHC3",
                "name": "HC3-0000****",
                "host": "192.168.x.x",
                "username": "homebridge",
                "password": "***********",
                "securitysystem": "disabled"
            }

mbnn, could You advise how to update the Accesories in homebridge, when new hardware is added to Fibaro?

I added one dimmer, but it's not appearing in Homebridge.

I tried to reboot the homebridge, but it's not working. Is there only way to remove HC3 plugin and install it again?

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, Enriquez said:

mbnn, could You advise how to update the Accesories in homebridge, when new hardware is added to Fibaro?

I added one dimmer, but it's not appearing in Homebridge.

I tried to reboot the homebridge, but it's not working. Is there only way to remove HC3 plugin and install it again?

In the Homebridge map there is a accessoiries map. In there delete all the files and restart homebridge, that should work.

Also make sure the newly added device is added to the fibaro user (that you use for access to the HC3 homebridge) in the fibaro admin panel.

@mbnn - Just to close the loop, there was a bug with v1.06 which has been resolved in the latest version v1.07. That's sorted my issue and seems to working great for me now! 

Hi Homebridge is running on my Synology. What I'm missing are connected devices? I have several roller shutters which are connected. These connected devices do not show up in homebridge... Any tips on that?

On 12/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, theuksbest said:

Looking for some help and ideas, having a problem connecting the HOOBS plugin with HC3 - getting an error like cannot read property “name” of null.

I have it setup as recommended i think, and dont see anything obvious. Any thoughts what i could try next?

[HC3-00002499] Error getting data from Home Center: TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null at Function.createShadowAccessory (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/shadows.js:102:68) at /home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:148:61 at Array.map (<anonymous>) at FibaroHC3.LoadAccessories (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:145:17) at FibaroHC3.<anonymous> (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:106:22) at Generator.next (<anonymous>) at fulfilled (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:38:58) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 (node:637) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at Function.createShadowAccessory (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/shadows.js:102:68)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at /home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:148:6101/12/2020, 16:25:40 at Array.map (<anonymous>)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at FibaroHC3.LoadAccessories (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:145:17)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at FibaroHC3.<anonymous> (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:106:22)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at Generator.next (<anonymous>)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at fulfilled (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/dist/index.js:38:58)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 (node:637) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see

(rejection id: 1)01/12/2020, 16:25:40 (node:637) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I had the same problem. I connected homebridge to my HC3 with Fibaro HC2 plugin but it was a bit frustrating as my fibaro dimmers2 were shown as toggle switches. I installed plugin for HC3 without uninstalling HC2 plugin and after reboot I uninstalled HC2 plugin. It works like charm. I assume HC3 plugin is missing some components that were covered by installing plugin for HC2. You can try this and let me and others know.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:00 PM, theuksbest said:

There was a bug in version 1.0.6 which was fixed in version 1.0.7

On 12/8/2020 at 11:42 AM, Ebse said:

Hi Homebridge is running on my Synology. What I'm missing are connected devices? I have several roller shutters which are connected. These connected devices do not show up in homebridge... Any tips on that?

Any ideas on that?

Hello,
    Big problem with the HC3 plugin for Hoobs 3 box, I get an error message concerning a "ca.cer" file ...?

Here is the extract from the journal about this plugin:

[FibaroHC3] Initialisation de la plate-forme FibaroHC3 ...

04/03/2021 à 00:26:30 [FibaroHC3] Erreur de lecture de ca.cer:   Erreur: ENOENT: aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type, ouvrez '/home/hoobs/.homebridge/ca.cer'

à Object.openSync (fs.js: 458: 3)

à Object.readFileSync (fs.js: 360: 35)

au nouveau FibaroClient (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/src/fibaro-api.ts:54:19)

au nouveau FibaroHC3 (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/homebridge-fibaro-hc3/src/index.ts:132:23)

à

à Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

sur Server.loadPlatforms (

)

sur Server.start (

)

à

à processTicksAndRejections (interne / process / task_queues.js: 97: 5) {

numéro d'erreur: -2,

syscall: 'ouvert',

code: 'ENOENT',

chemin: '/home/hoobs/.homebridge/ca.cer'

}

04/03/2021 à 00:26:30 [FibaroHC3] Mettez un fichier ca.cer valide dans le dossier config.json.

04/03/2021 à 00:26:30 [FibaroHC3] Impossible de se connecter au Fibaro Home Center Vérifiez les informations d'identification, l'URL / l'hôte ou le fichier ca.cer

Impossible to find 'ca.cer' in Hoobs box !!!

Do you know this file ?

Do you have any idea of this problem?

thank you very much

JL

Edited by JLT007

Hi,

I had a solution that I share with you

I asked the question to the developer, he said not to put anything in "URL" but only in "Host".
    And now it works.
    Why ? I don't know...

Now I need to create variables in HC3, but I am looking for how to assign these variables to devices ... like the portal command ...
    An idea ?

Thanks