Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0

ZXT-600 and HC3


mariokil
 Share

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to configure ZXT-600 with my HC3 but I have some challenges/bugs. 

*Disclaimer - at this moment I'dont want to use any specific AC. I'm doing this as a "dry run" before final installation

 

1. HC3 without any problem recognize ZXT-600 "devices". ZXT-600 is wotking wit USB power adaptor.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2. I'm trying to configure ZXT-600 based on manual (

Please login or register to see this link.

)  . At the beginning I added two parameters:

- 27 [Set IR Code number from built-in code library 27 (0x1B)] - I choose one of the Mitsubishi

- 30 [Set Auto Report Condition Trigger By Room Temperature change 30 (0x1E)] - I choose value what menas based on manual "Auto report if room temperature is different from last report. 1(0x01) = 1°F (0.5°C)"

 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

 

ZXT-600 has been assigned to room Kuchnia/Kitchen (details on below print screen)

 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_03/4.JPG.48c09a6e084a124e088c83b6009af849.JPG" />

 

I used iOS Fibaro application for HC3 and it looks that HC3/ZXT-600 doesn't work ijn proper way.

 

1. Even when I'm using parameter "Auto report if room temperature is different from last report. 1(0x01) = 1°F (0.5°C)" temperature doesn't change. Mobile application and Fibaro HC3 dashboard present one value (updated during power adaptor has been detached/attached) 

Is it a bug, malfunction or my lack of knowledge how to configure devices ?

 

2. I assume that should be possible send IR commnad (on, off, cooling, heating ...) from mobile application->HC3->ZXT-600 to air condition IR receiver. Maybe I'm wrong or I miss something. Unfortunatelly I haven't or I can't see any places in mobile/web applications where I could be do this :( 

 

Please let me know about your thoughts/experience.

 

Thank you ;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
57 minutes ago, mariokil said:

1. Even when I'm using parameter "Auto report if room temperature is different from last report. 1(0x01) = 1°F (0.5°C)" temperature doesn't change. Mobile application and Fibaro HC3 dashboard present one value (updated during power adaptor has been detached/attached) 

Is it a bug, malfunction or my lack of knowledge how to configure devices ?

 

Hello. If ZXT-600 operates the same way as ZXT-120, which I have, it will not report temperature by itself. You need to enable global polling for it.

57 minutes ago, mariokil said:

2. I assume that should be possible send IR commnad (on, off, cooling, heating ...) from mobile application->HC3->ZXT-600 to air condition IR receiver. Maybe I'm wrong or I miss something. Unfortunatelly I haven't or I can't see any places in mobile/web applications where I could be do this :( 

Current version of mobile app doesn't support most third-party thermostats, that's why you don't see your device there. People say the next version will add this support. So you can wait, or you can make a Quick App to control ZXT via it.

 

Edited:

I've noticed on your screenshot that polling is enabled. Another guess: ZXT-120's precision is only 1 degree C. Maybe it's the same for ZXT600? So when you set 0,5 it can't operate on this level? I can't say for sure unfortunately because I only have ZXT120, which is similar, but not exactly the same. I have actually turned off temperature sensors on it, because it's close to useless due to bad implementation. 

 

Edited by baskalex
Additional info
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Thank you for your prompt answer ;)

    6 minut temu, baskalex napisał:

    Hello. If ZXT-600 operates the same way as ZXT-120, which I have, it will not report temperature by itself. You need to enable global polling for it.

    Current version of mobile app doesn't support most third-party thermostats, that's why you don't see your device there. People say the next version will add this support. So you can wait, or you can make a Quick App to control ZXT via it.

     

    I checked earlier global pooling as well, but it looks doesn't work.
    It looks that I bought Fibaro product in very very alpha version :(

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    24 minutes ago, mariokil said:

    It looks that I bought Fibaro product in very very alpha version :(

     

    HC3 is definitely out half-baked IMHO, but I wouldn’t put all the blame on Fibaro in your case, because Remotec devices are also of a bit strange kind I suppose :) I would try putting that auto report parameter to its default state and check if it changes anything. 
    But the situation with the new app is quite bad, I agree. It’s been in pretty bad shape from the first release and the steps they are making with each update are minuscule unfortunately. At this pace they will probably catch up with the old app in terms of functionality in 2-3 years I afraid :) 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 14 godzin temu, baskalex napisał:

    Hello. If ZXT-600 operates the same way as ZXT-120, which I have, it will not report temperature by itself. You need to enable global polling for it.

    Current version of mobile app doesn't support most third-party thermostats, that's why you don't see your device there. People say the next version will add this support. So you can wait, or you can make a Quick App to control ZXT via it.

     

    Edited:

    I've noticed on your screenshot that polling is enabled. Another guess: ZXT-120's precision is only 1 degree C. Maybe it's the same for ZXT600? So when you set 0,5 it can't operate on this level? I can't say for sure unfortunately because I only have ZXT120, which is similar, but not exactly the same. I have actually turned off temperature sensors on it, because it's close to useless due to bad implementation. 

     

    Unfortunatelly still the same :(

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Sorry, I’m out of ideas. Maybe there is someone on the forum, who also has ZXT 600 and can help. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 38 minut temu, baskalex napisał:

    Sorry, I’m out of ideas. Maybe there is someone on the forum, who also has ZXT 600 and can help. 

    Thank you for your help. No worry ;)

    Ill try to reach Remotec suppoert.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    W dniu 9.03.2020 o 13:12, mariokil napisał:

    Ill try to reach Remotec suppoert.

     

    Hi Mario,

    Did you solve your issue? I also have HC3 and ZXT-600...

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Hi pr0

     

    I have still same status no progress so far.

    Do you have similar problems ?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    You can use the following Quick Apps to control the AC systems that are not supported currently by the Fibaro App.

    You just need to change the Variables of "Siblingid" to the opposite quickapp id (Cooling ON/OFF points at Heating On/OFF and visa versa)

    and then just point "deviceid" at your AC System

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    I use about 20 ZXT-600 with HC3 v.5.061.36(beta).  It works great on both PC (Web browser) and Home Center App on android phones.  No need to install other Quick Apps.  I use parameter 30 = 1 to send update every 1 celcius change.  Working great and Fibaro Web browser version create graph of temperature changes.  My only problem with ZXT-600 is the device tends to report temperature 4-7 celcius too high from the real room temperature.  Thankfully, Fibaro has calibration feature that let me input each ZXT-600 minus or plus celcius between -10 celcius to +10 celcius.

     

    All in all, now ZXT-600 works perfectly with Fibaro HC3 system now.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Hello. I am having trouble with the temperature not changing. How to solve this problem?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    Posted (edited)

    I find it best to use LUA scene to control ZXT-600.   Here are the commands.

     

    to turn on use these commands (1082 is the device ID, 20 is the target temperature)
    fibaro.call(1082"setCoolingThermostatSetpoint"20
    fibaro.call(1082"setThermostatFanMode","High")    --Available fan mode "High", "Medium", "Low", "AutoLow"
    fibaro.call(1082"setThermostatMode""Cool")
     
    to turn the AC off use this command
    fibaro.call(1082'setThermostatMode'"Off"
    Edited by Poom
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Hello. I configure ZXT-600 with Midea AC, TV and RGB led successfully 

    my problem is alexa see my ZXT-600 AC control but don't accept any command when i say "turn on AC" it say "it doesn't support that "

    and i try command “Set <Thermostat name> to N degrees” it respond with “<Thermostat name> is in a mode that doesn’t accept requests. Please
    change its mode in the app or on the device.”

    if any one can help me I search alot for this and cannot solve it 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Alexa do not recognoise AC devices from Fibaro system.  As far as I use Alexa with Fibaro, it only recognises light switches and blinds.  I'm working around this by using a dedicated light switch, named it "office air conditioner" and use a LUA scene (or block scene is fine) to detect if this "office air conditioner" switch turned on/off, the scene will call the actual AC device to turn on/off.  Not so convenience at all because you need to preset the temperature you want in the scene that is triggered by that light switch.

     

    Hope this would help.  I hope Fibaro can work with Alexa team to incorporate other device types or scenes in Alexa app soon.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 8/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, ABDULLAH258 said:

    Hello. I configure ZXT-600 with Midea AC, TV and RGB led successfully 

    my problem is alexa see my ZXT-600 AC control but don't accept any command when i say "turn on AC" it say "it doesn't support that "

    and i try command “Set <Thermostat name> to N degrees” it respond with “<Thermostat name> is in a mode that doesn’t accept requests. Please
    change its mode in the app or on the device.”

    if any one can help me I search alot for this and cannot solve it 

     

    Maybe you can work it out with IFTT.com

     

    Make a few scene's with the settings you want, create a IFTT applet. And activate those with Alexa.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 9/1/2021 at 6:19 AM, Poom said:

    Alexa do not recognoise AC devices from Fibaro system.  As far as I use Alexa with Fibaro, it only recognises light switches and blinds.  I'm working around this by using a dedicated light switch, named it "office air conditioner" and use a LUA scene (or block scene is fine) to detect if this "office air conditioner" switch turned on/off, the scene will call the actual AC device to turn on/off.  Not so convenience at all because you need to preset the temperature you want in the scene that is triggered by that light switch.

     

    Hope this would help.  I hope Fibaro can work with Alexa team to incorporate other device types or scenes in Alexa app soon.

     

    THANK YOU for your answer. I did this already by added a binary switch QA and use LUA scene to control it. I can now open and close it directly with alexa, other temperatures I make scenes for them   

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 9/1/2021 at 6:37 AM, ppeterr said:

     

    Maybe you can work it out with IFTT.com

     

    Make a few scene's with the settings you want, create a IFTT applet. And activate those with Alexa.

    THANK YOU that is great idea I have never used it before but I will try it now

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Btw and off topic 

    but I am happy with broadlink more than 2 years

    no issues. Works with HC3

    if you switch WiFi mode and connect to broadlink you may natively add device to HC3 

    also can learn a new commands or use tons exists codes from HASS library 

     

    ZXT was a gift to a friend as a present ;)  

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...