Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

QA for Yamaha Musiccast Devices

michal85pl

Question

Hi,

From the resources available on the forum I managed to glue QA to support Yamaha Musiccast (tested on R-602N and WX-30 ). The code is certainly not clean and needs patches. Would anyone experienced be interested in helping to refine the QA and adding additional functions before posting it in the forum?

Regards
Michal

• Inquirer
  • W dniu 13.05.2021 o 12:05, BartP napisał:

I got my HC3 last week and I've been busy moving all my HC2 stuff over. Your QA helped a lot to create one for my WX-30. I'm not using zones only a stereo linked WX-30 set. I fixed the slider update and I changed the HQ type to 'player' because you don't want and need a light slider on top. I guess there's a better place in the script to control that but for now it works and if the device is in standby the slider is set to 0 and the labels are cleared as well. What you basically do is calculate the percentage from volume and maxvolume and update the slider value:

Please login or register to see this code.

I don't like it that de wx-30 is turned on at a default volume and let it start on it's previous volume.

I also added a couple of preset bottons for internet radio. They must be set in MusicCast of course. The button labels are set via variables like the ipAddress.

The last thing I added is hiding the Album label if internet radio is playing

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Great job, finally someone shared their work on this topic :)
    You have an idea why in the application on the phone, the slider and mute buttons (those at the top are automatically added to this type of QA) do not work?
    Great idea with adding buttons for favorite stations :)
    Maybe you can still add multiroom support?

Unfortunately the QA icon doesn't change state when turning the device on / off, so it still shows 0% volume.

Edited by michal85pl

On 5/15/2021 at 12:04 PM, michal85pl said:

Great job, finally someone shared their work on this topic :)
    You have an idea why in the application on the phone, the slider and mute buttons (those at the top are automatically added to this type of QA) do not work?
    Great idea with adding buttons for favorite stations :)
    Maybe you can still add multiroom support?

Unfortunately the QA icon doesn't change state when turning the device on / off, so it still shows 0% volume.

As far as I know now the player icon can't change state.
    I see that in the Yubiii App/HC3 control webpages there is a couple of default controls (prev, pause, play, stop, next, (un)mute and a volume slider. I missed those sorry for that.

These are action buttons and just by coincidence some of them have the same id name as the UIEvents and will work like 'play'.

The volumeslider is called 'setVolume' and mute/unmute is called setMute

To handle these actions you need functions with the correct name. Below is the changed and extra code you need to handle the slider,mute/unmute and make the mute button a mute/unmute button update. To update these actionbuttons/slider you need to update the "updateProperty"  volume, value and mute. After doing all of this you actually don't need a lot of buttons we defined ourselves anymore, but for now I left them in.

I also added the complete QA but be aware that I changed the on and off buttons into a single power button.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 18 godzin temu, BartP napisał:

As far as I know now the player icon can't change state.

Strange, because you cannot turn on the device via the website by clicking on its icon ...

18 godzin temu, BartP napisał:

To handle these actions you need functions with the correct name. Below is the changed and extra code you need to handle the slider,mute/unmute and make the mute button a mute/unmute button update. To update these actionbuttons/slider you need to update the "updateProperty"  volume, value and mute. After doing all of this you actually don't need a lot of buttons we defined ourselves anymore, but for now I left them in.

I also added the complete QA but be aware that I changed the on and off buttons into a single power button.

thank you very much

Edited by Petramg

Thanks for this code and it works perfectly on my RX-A1080. I listen a lot to DAP radio but the code now supports FM radio. Can anyone help me to get the right code for DAP support? Or does anyone know where the available codes are for the multicast protocol? so that I can try to make this work myself.

Thanks in advance for your reactions.

• Inquirer
  • W dniu 22.05.2021 o 17:32, Alex V napisał:

Thanks for this code and it works perfectly on my RX-A1080. I listen a lot to DAP radio but the code now supports FM radio. Can anyone help me to get the right code for DAP support? Or does anyone know where the available codes are for the multicast protocol? so that I can try to make this work myself.

Thanks in advance for your reactions.

Musiccasts api specs in the attachment

• Thanks 1

Just got my HC3, so I hacked around with this for my Yamaha Musiccast CRX-470D and WXAD-10

They are both on the MusicCast spectrum, but the WX is just a streamer (I use this with cheap in-wall amps for the shower etc..) so the volume functions etc... aren't needed.

I took the WX-30 file above, but initially didn't get it work esp. volume, I think due to spaces in the URL's? and there were no credits in the code - so I haven't written this NOR have I deliberately removed any credits where due.

The CRX and WX have 10 presets, so I have expanded the panel to 6. I have also added 'time of day' volume profiles - if you don't like them, just delete. Unfortunately I have no idea about getting external variables to

work so they are hard-coded. By adding to timers and start-up scenes, this at least makes sure you don't wake up to Volume = 60!

I hope this helps someone! I will maybe modify and add more as I've also got a couple of musiccast sound bars which are slightly different again, even though all all speak the same MC API language.

Also - an icon!

• Like 2