Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Tibber and HC3

Sisiken14

Question

• Inquirer
  • My Tibber pulse have been ordered, but there is still no support for integration in HC3?

Never heard of Tibber but saw that it was an app in the Apple appstore but it's not really clear what it does ?

I made this one in Norwegian, but thats for HC2 as I have not had time to upgrade yet:  

Please login or register to see this link.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • On 9/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, vegardbr said:

I made this one in Norwegian, but thats for HC2 as I have not had time to upgrade yet:  

I have tested that one and it does not work with HC3, I'm not a coder so need help to get it to work

On 9/21/2020 at 12:13 PM, wienog said:

Never heard of Tibber but saw that it was an app in the Apple appstore but it's not really clear what it does ?

Tibber is a smart thing that is connected to the electricity meeter to read live data. It also gives you information about electricity price in real time and from all this information its possible to make a smarthouse turn on/off stuff that uses power :)

I see, thanks for the explanation. We have something similar here although not that many people have a smart energymeter yet. And the device clearly wasn't prepared for negative-electrucity prices. If there is wind and sun and not much consumption, like now with the corona-virus, electricity-producers pay you to use their electricity otherwise the net gets overburdened. Only the smart meter was not engineered to process negative values and it tends to shut down altogether then.

The LUA language for HC3 is different from HC2. Does anyone have a code for getting information from Tibber Pulse to my Fibaro HC3?

Hello. I don't have tibber, but have made an HC3 integration from Istadkraft see video

and more on my youtube channel.

Edited by Oddi_78
    • Thanks 1

@TrygveD @Sisiken14 It is possible on the HC3, like:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_12/image.png.107f52f0115f6d5dd30deb3711926621.png" />

Can you explain to me in what way you want to manage your appliances?

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

@SmartHomeEddy Did you code this yourself?
    I have Tibber and this looks really good, and would be nice to get runnig. 

I would like to let high/low prices adjust the heating automatic, and turn of devices that do not need to run when prices are high.
    Some extra heat before high prices, and drop heating when high hour prices hit. So I just can let the house run itself.

I also would like to have more controll over our tenant charges her electric car.

I am going install a smart device to monitor when and how much power she is charging for.
    The hope is then I can automatically (lua) calculate the consumption * hourly price rate for the period she chooses to charge. Then she can pay the actual cost, and not a monthly average I now calculate. I have a "dumb" installment that today counts the power usage on that plug.
    If Fibaro even could send msg with some pre calculations in the start of charging and the final cost when charging has ended, that would be the icing on the cake :)

2 hours ago, dorten75 said:

Did you code this yourself?

yes I did. 

2 hours ago, dorten75 said:

I would like to let high/low prices adjust the heating automatic, and turn of devices that do not need to run when prices are high.
    Some extra heat before high prices, and drop heating when high hour prices hit. So I just can let the house run itself.

now I made for example some child devices with the time when the minimum and maximum price is for today and tomorrow. Tibber can also show the (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly) historic energy consumption. 

But I am still not sure how to present the right information to have your appliances work at the right time. 

• Like 1

Nicely done @SmartHomeEddy!

One way is like Oddi_78 made it in his videos.

Setting variables according to cheap, normal, expensive, very expensive for the next 3-4 hours, and have predefined scenes for each price combinations.

So if the upcoming hour is normal and the next hour or two is expensive, then run scene with a ”heat boost” to have some extra temperature “in the bank” when the next hour hits, and scene for turning down heating kicks in.

In my cabin I have HC2 lua setup, and there it looks at hour prices, and if “this hour” is 10% or higher then the last ten hours average is, it say that the price is expensive and drops heating for an hour. But it does not look ahead and can preheat. That lua is made by another member in this forum. 

Oddi has also set a roof for how much kWh can be used at once, since there in a few months is a new price model I Norway for each level you hit. There is a price bump every 5, 10, 15 and so one kWh pr hour. So if appliances are close to hitting let’s say 10 kWh, he turns of some predefined heating. 
    But he probably are the best to explain his model, but he’s pulling prices from other sources since he’s not using Tibber, but stil get the same price info. And real-time usage he uses a Qubino Smart in his electrical cabinet  :)

Is it possible to send Tibber data directly to Fibaro’s “power presentation” for the total usage? So it show the whole picture?

Or do you loose some measures for the appliance that are connected to the hub. 

Thanks for some explaination. I don’t understand Norwegian, so have no clue what @Oddi_78 is saying in his video without subtitles ?

12 hours ago, dorten75 said:

Oddi has also set a roof for how much kWh can be used at once, since there in a few months is a new price model I Norway for each level you hit. There is a price bump every 5, 10, 15 and so one kWh pr hour. So if appliances are close to hitting let’s say 10 kWh, he turns of some predefined heating. 
    But he probably are the best to explain his model, but he’s pulling prices from other sources since he’s not using Tibber, but stil get the same price info. And real-time usage he uses a Qubino Smart in his electrical cabinet  :)

I see the percentage child devices for +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 hours. And child devices for every hour today I think, or tomorrow? In the top row I see some devices with minimum and maximum price, total energy consumption, actual price? And further lost in translation ?

12 hours ago, dorten75 said:

Is it possible to send Tibber data directly to Fibaro’s “power presentation” for the total usage? So it show the whole picture?

Or do you loose some measures for the appliance that are connected to the hub.

It is possible to for example get the daily energy consumption in a child device. It will get higher during the day and can be shown in the HC3 energy panel. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

You got most of it yes, and much is the same as the data you are pulling. 

He calculates the price increase or decrease for the coming hours in percent, compared to the current hour. In scenes, he then sets the action for the current hour on thermostats, if, for example, the price of the next hour increases by, say, 10%.

QA is from top left:

1. Total consumption now

2. How much kWh used during this hour

3. Hourly rate now

4. Cost right now including all fees (fixed fees that he adds from defined variables)

5. Total cost this hour

6. Total kWh consumption today

7. Total cost today

8,9,10: Lowest, highest, average price today.

Second row:

1,2,3,4,5: Increase or decrease cost in percent coming hours.

6.7: Links to web pages with electricity prices.

...and the rest are the hourly rates for the current day.

His setup is maybe a bit more universal, since he is not bound to one compagny pulling data from an nasjonal source for prices (spot prices), but Tibber offer more realtime data connected to me as a subscriber.
    So i Norway people are because of high hour prices are moving a bit more from spot prices pr hour, to fixed prices pr kWh. Then the calculation is easy :)

Is it possible to let lua do the math for me with the car charging cost for my tennant? Start adding cost when power plug reports usage?

Would really love to get all of this up and running in my system. What does it take to get my hands on this :)

Edited by dorten75
    • Thanks 1

Thanks for the explanation. 

30 minutes ago, dorten75 said:

QA is from top left:

1. Total consumption now

2. How much kWh used during the e hour

3. Hourly rate now

4. Cost right now including all fees (fixed fees that he adds from defined variables)

5. Total cost this hour

6. Total kWh consumption today

7. Total cost today

8,9,10: Lowest, highest, average price today.

I thinks this is possible in the child devices. Besides "Total consumption now" it all comes in one query. "Total consumption now" comes from a separate query, I have to look in to it.

It is also a consideration to use the three items of a device, value, unit and log. All three can be retrieved from a Lua script, the value can be retrieved also from a block scene. For example in the test version I have the hour of the lowest price in the value, the level (CHEAP, NORMAL, etc) in the unit and the lowest price in the log. It is a consideration if you need the item in a Lua scene, in a block scene or just for display in the dashboard of App. And what to show in the labels. 

...and the rest are the hourly rates for the current day.

What is the purpose of the 24 child devices?

(fixed fees that he adds from defined variables)

What do they look like? Like annual or monthly fees?

Is it possible to let lua do the math for me with the car charging cost for my tennant? Start adding cost when power plug reports usage?

I should be possible. Maybe not in this quickapp, maybe an other quickapp or a script. The values are available, current prices and the usage from the plug. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

35 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

What is the purpose of the 24 child devices?

He stores them as data in variables, and uses them for calculations.
    But purpose of the 24 child devices I guess is just for displaying the prices.

37 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

What do they look like? Like annual or monthly fees?

There are several extra cost, tryed to show all cost in this setup. Tibbers api i think they show prices both with and without VAT.

Please login or register to see this code.

The local cabel owner has different prices around Norway, so this price is my local provider (Agder energi) My cabin has another priceing on that part.

• Thanks 1

This comes from the API:

Please login or register to see this code.

So if I understand it correctly, there are extra cost for Tibber and Cable owner per kWh and Monthly. If you would include these cost, you somehow have to update those cost at the right time. 

The most important cost is the per kWh since it is adjusted every hour.

So the API is showing the correct "total" = energy (spot price) + 25% VAT + 0,01 nok

Using "total" + 0,3649 nok would in my case show the correct price per kWh. And then I have the monthly cost.

In a few months the monthly cost will also be adjusted, i mentioned the price bump every 5, 10, 15 .... kwh per hour used.
    So if I hit  for example 16 kWh usage in just one hour anytime in the month, it will set the monthly cost for the entire month from the cable owner.
    Does not matter if I stay below 10 or 15 kWh all other hours and days... So it would be a bit smart to turn of something to avoid this. 

The cable owner will also adjust the price per kwh day/night, making it a bit cheaper from 22.00 - 06.00 per kwh than the daytime. Talking about the 0,3649 nok cost as of today is fixed 24/7.

For many people this would be complicated, and they are not paying close attention of the usage, or have smart homes to help them a bit.

Edited by dorten75

3 hours ago, dorten75 said:

(Btw there is a way to integrate charging in Tibber itself, It depends on the brand of the car (Audi, BMW, Jaguar, MINI, Porsche, Tesla, Volkswagen of Volvo) or brand of the charger (Easee).)

8 minutes ago, dorten75 said:

For many people this would be complicated, and they are not paying close attention of the usage, or have smart homes to help them a bit.

yes I think so. Would be nice if the smarthome manages it all. That helps the energy companies be efficient and helps the climate a bit.  

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

1 minute ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

(Btw there is a way to integrate charging in Tibber itself, It depends on the brand of the car (Audi, BMW, Jaguar, MINI, Porsche, Tesla, Volkswagen of Volvo) or brand of the charger (Easee). 

Yes, I know - but our tennant has for now no dedicated charger - but a "normal" wall plug.

Forgot to mention the cost per month per kWh will also be cheaper in the summer, than winter.
    An graph ex from one cable owner, where Winter and Summer is devided in daytime/nighttime prices.