Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0

mco home mh8 and hc3


marbellait
 Share

Question

i have been using my hc2 with a mc home mh8 thermostat without problems for a long time. i migrated a couple of days ago from my fantastic hc2 to the new hc3. hasnt been a smooth transition, but i finished 99% of the work

i updated my hc3 to firmware 5.030 because tech support told me that these fix would be included in these version. not true... hc3 recognizes the mh8, but nothing is working. the diagnostic tools shows these device has no template.

with the hc2 i was able to turn it on/off, swap from cold to heat and manage the fan speed. with HC3 none of these options are working. i wrote some LUA code to turn on/off the AC but it didnt work.. any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Thank you for you suggestion. i tried it before and now after your suggestion and unfortunately the situation is exactly the same. with still no template management and functionality is limited

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Version 1.2    that's all i can see in the description.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 8 minutes ago, Macschimmi said:

    Firmware from mco home mh8

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    As far as I know, you can query the firmware version at the MCO Home, according to the firmware update, devices from Support for MCOHome MH8-FC and MH8-FC4 version 3.2 are supported.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 12 hours ago, Macschimmi said:

    good question :(

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    8 hours ago, marius de jong said:

    Is there a way to update the mco device to the new firmware?

    I Think ZWave USB dongle and PC Software or the MCOHome App ??

    Edited by Macschimmi
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • and where can i get the latest firmware? using these AEOTEC usb dongle what else do i need? i think updating these way with fibaro HCx is not possible. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    29 minutes ago, Macschimmi said:

    I Think ZWave USB dongle and PC Software or the MCOHome App ??

     

    Edited by Macschimmi
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Thank you. i just ordered the usb dongle and downloading the app. i imagine the app manages the firmware location/update.  will update as soon as i have a result. many thanks

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    @marbellait 

     

    let me explain something:

    MH8 v1.0, 1.2 and 1.3 are zw300 based, SDK 4.55 z-wave version 3.67

    MH8 v3.0, 3.2 are zw500 based, SDK 6.61 z-wave version 4.33

     

    These are completelly different hardware platfroms, there is no way to update/upgrade. Additionally there is no OTA way to upgrade 1.0 to 1.3 or 1.2 to 1.3.

    There is FIBARO template/support for MH8 v1.0, so FIBARO could implement similar template for v1.2 and 1.3, maybe they will do:

     

    @m.roszak see attached exported templates from 1.2 and 1.3 versions of MH8.

     

    For the newer MH8 Versions, one can do OTA from 3.0 to 3.2 (to get it fully supported on HCL/2/3 as there is template for 3.2), however i never got the update file from MCO Home, so maybe you guys (as you now distribute MCO Home) could add support for 3.0 as well. From what i see, this should be not big deal, see attached exported 3.0 template.

     

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    14 hours ago, marbellait said:

    Thank you. i just ordered the usb dongle and downloading the app. i imagine the app manages the firmware location/update.  will update as soon as i have a result. many thanks

    It won't be worth it if it doesn't work - it was just an idea

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    10 hours ago, tinman said:

    @marbellait 

     

    let me explain something:

    MH8 v1.0, 1.2 and 1.3 are zw300 based, SDK 4.55 z-wave version 3.67

    MH8 v3.0, 3.2 are zw500 based, SDK 6.61 z-wave version 4.33

     

    These are completelly different hardware platfroms, there is no way to update/upgrade. Additionally there is no OTA way to upgrade 1.0 to 1.3 or 1.2 to 1.3.

    There is FIBARO template/support for MH8 v1.0, so FIBARO could implement similar template for v1.2 and 1.3, maybe they will do:

     

    @m.roszak see attached exported templates from 1.2 and 1.3 versions of MH8.

     

    For the newer MH8 Versions, one can do OTA from 3.0 to 3.2 (to get it fully supported on HCL/2/3 as there is template for 3.2), however i never got the update file from MCO Home, so maybe you guys (as you now distribute MCO Home) could add support for 3.0 as well. From what i see, this should be not big deal, see attached exported 3.0 template.

     

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.


    As for MCO MH8 1.2 and 1.3 - those have different productTypeID than 1.0 version (2102 VS 3102) - we can add xml definitions but we can't be sure it will work ok as we do not have old 1.2 and 1.3 versions.
    We will need feedback if it works ok.

    We will add template for older revision of ZW500 wersion (3.0). 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    30 minutes ago, m.roszak said:


    As for MCO MH8 1.2 and 1.3 - those have different productTypeID than 1.0 version (2102 VS 3102) - we can add xml definitions but we can't be sure it will work ok as we do not have old 1.2 and 1.3 versions.
    We will need feedback if it works ok.

     

    that's fine, i have access (HC2) to these two hardware versions and can/would check if you add xml to e.g. next beta.

     

    30 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

    We will add template for older revision of ZW500 wersion (3.0). 

     

    thanks!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    18 minutes ago, tinman said:

    that's fine, i have access (HC2) to these two hardware versions and can/would check if you add xml to e.g. next beta.

     

    Please generate there xml templates, those from HC3 are different :)

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...